MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP!

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #11  
Clem,

The trans shifters as you sit in the seat are range on left, gears on right.

Ranges as you sit:
Snail Turtle (I'm not kidding!)
1 2

Gears as you sit:
2 4
1 3

Just behind the range shifter is your PTO engagement. PTO switch is on left side of steering wheel.

Just behind PTO engagement is 4WD. Back is 4, forward is 2.

Beside you on the right is the lift arm control. Forward is down, rearward is up. There is also a spot for an automatic deal that follows the ground contour, but I don't have it.

Pedals as you look them from left to right: Clutch, Parking Brake, Steering Column Adjust, L&R Brake, Throttle Control.

On the seat base behind your right foot is a differential lock pedal. You can only hold it down, it won't set on mine. To the left of this is a knob that adjusts the speed which the lift arms raise and lower.

Push the Parking Brake with both brake pedals down to set. There is a bar to connect the L&R brake, I get into trouble when I use them separately

Forward & Reverse lever is on left of Wheel and Throttle Set Control is on right.

If your bucket controls are on the right, it's like this:
Bucket Down
Tilt Up Tilt Up
Bucket Up

If you have the bucket fairly high, push the lever forward until you feel a click. It will drop at a controlled rate. This will also apply a uniform pressure on the ground if you are leveling dirt with the bucket.

Hope this helps. If you ever have trouble with it not starting, look at the ground cable. I replaced the flimsy wire braided one with a real cable after I spent a couple of days tracing down wires.

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #12  
I posted a layout of the operator's platform above but apparently there was something about it that wasn't allowed. I have once again posted another version of the layout. Maybe this version will pass what ever the problem was.
The emails are nice to let you know that something is wrong but it would be more beneficial if they actually told you what you did wrong.
MF1250 Operators Platform

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP!
Thanks for all of the helpful responses.

I followed your advice and got an operators manual for the tractor and the FEL. I've also sent a few emails to some posters here to see if they still have the service and parts manuals they had a few years ago and offered them for sale, but haven't heard from them yet. Ifyou have a service or parts manual that needs a new home please let me know.

I now know how to start the tractor, make it go in the right direction at the right speed and am now starting to acquire all kinds of information on how to build things for the tractor. I'm doing some painting of some of the pieces of the tractor that have some rust and scratches and it starting to look good.

To start the tractor these cold mornings I am powering the glow plugs for 20 seconds, resting for 10 seconds and then powering them again for 30 seconds. When I press the starter it fires up on the first attempt :)

I am going to start another thread about getting the speedometer/tachometer working.

Thanks again for your help.

Clem

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #14  
Will,

I called my dealer today and now have access to the online parts books. There apparently is a picture on each page which I am assumimg is the parts breakdown. I downloaded the plug in, but I still can't see any pictures :-(

Clem

what online info are you referring to ? reason i ask is becuase my father has a MF1250 for a few years now. he is an hour and half from me, he doesnt use computers and i do all the work for him online when needed. So far he had to go in person to dealer or go to TSC for supplies. Kubota has a online kubotabooks list of parts breakdown but I cant find the MF versions. can anyone else chime in here ?

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #15  
what online info are you referring to ? reason i ask is becuase my father has a MF1250 for a few years now. he is an hour and half from me, he doesnt use computers and i do all the work for him online when needed. So far he had to go in person to dealer or go to TSC for supplies. Kubota has a online kubotabooks list of parts breakdown but I cant find the MF versions. can anyone else chime in here ?
If you will get up with your MF dealer, they will set you up with a password to get onto their parts pages.

/ MF 1250 today - new to me tractor - HELP! #16  
my dealer wants 120.00 just for the service manual! I nees to see the page with the aux hydraulic valve and assorted fittings. Any help is greatly appreaciated