MF 1250

/ MF 1250 #1  

Anonymous Poster

C'mon MF owners, you all know that this brand of proven sub's and farm equipment deserves more attention. I am tired of reading the constant post's from the green, blue and orange owners. We all know that this tractor is a proven work horse. In fact I would stack my MF 1250 against any of the other brands. Dealer support has been fantastic.

C'mon post it up!

/ MF 1250 #2  
You will get no argument from me. Register and stay a while then I’ll have someone to talk MF 1250 with.

/ MF 1250
Thanks for the vote. I will remain as an active member. Would really like to spark some interest in this machine. Any one else?

/ MF 1250 #4  
Mine's not really a compact -- more of a small Ag tractor. I do like to hear that 3 cylinder Perkins run, though.

As a side, I found out that my local NAPA parts dealer stocks oil filters, fuel filters, and both the inner and outer air filters for my MF 230. That will make service a bit easier to do for me.

/ MF 1250 #5  
I own the small end of the line, a MF 1215. It is a fine machine and seems to offer a lot of what others complain about not having. I picked MF because of the dealer - not doing all the research that others here have done. I feel lucky.

We MF owners are a very small minority on TBN.

/ MF 1250 #6  
I was originally looking at either a 1235, 1240, or 1250. I was not impressed with the local dealer (the only one I know of anywhere near here), so I looked for other makes. I ended up with a Kubota. Too bad, the Massey's looked like a nice machine. Post a picture if you can. A couple of months ago there was a 1250 with loader and backhoe for sale on Ebay that received alot of valid bids.

/ MF 1250 #7  
I stopped and looked at MF's -

I was somewhat disappointed in the fit/finish. The FEL bucket was made of heavy "sheetmetal" and didn't appear to be of sturdy construction. Also, the FEL control was remotely mounted on the front of the right side fender and the hoses loosely hung down about 2" - 3" from the tire where they could easily get caught on the tire and ripped off. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ MF 1250 #8  
The bucket isn't sheet metal. It is in fact very hard material. I have my bucket hooks welded on the top of my bucket with no reinforcement. I have even drug a TO 30 by one hook. By drug, I mean that the tires were all flat and the bearings were frozen up. All of the tires would slide. There is no telling how many trees that I have pushed out and have never bent the cutting lip. The last one that I pushed out, I though that I had really fixed the lip. But, when I backed away from the tree, it went right back to the original shape.
Then something such as fit, finish and hanging hoses goes back to dealer prep.

/ MF 1250 #9  
I picked up a brochure and the FEL in the brochure is red, matching the tractor and looks like the control is at the rear of the right upper frame arm, a more usual position.

The FEL I saw may have been an aftermarket unit because it was black with the control remotely mounted on the (metal) fender. Anyway, this set-up looked pretty cheesy to me but the basic tractor itself looked pretty nice. This would explain poor fit n' finish being a dealer thing.

/ MF 1250
You are correct, the 1246FEL has the joy stick mounted on the right upper arm. I am most satisfied with my 1250 and 1246 loader combination. Fit and Finish, not a problem. I would put this tractor up against any green, blue or orange machine on the market.

Dealers and availability are an issue, MF does not do a great job advertising....I think that will change in time.

All red owners...keep the faith!