MF 135 Continental gas- losing power

/ MF 135 Continental gas- losing power #11  
Further note. This happened again to me and I took off the distributor cap and put it back on and that resolved the issue.

Stuart

/ MF 135 Continental gas- losing power #12  
This sounds like a fuel problem. Make sure cap is venting. Next time it quits loosen cap to see if under slight pressure. I bought a new vented cap, but the vent release under pressure is greater than it should be. I wedged. Small piece of plastic to assure the vent is open under the cap.

With engine cool. Take the. Fuel line loose from the carb to see if there is a decent flow from the tank. If not clean the sediment bowl or replace it to improve fuel flow.

Check for debris inside tank. If old gas has been in the tank with an additive stabilizer then some varnish could be built. Up at the cutoff inside the tank.

Check to see if your running an external fuel filter that might be close to the heat shield or manifold. Is fuel boiling in the sediment bowl?

Check for debris in front of your radiator. Check water flow inside the radiator when warm. Could have clogged radiator or bad thermostat.

Could have a bad coil breaking down once it gets hot. Just like an old car. Lots of things give similar symtoms.

/ MF 135 Continental gas- losing power #14  
This sounds like a fuel problem. Make sure cap is venting. Next time it quits loosen cap to see if under slight pressure. I bought a new vented cap, but the vent release under pressure is greater than it should be. I wedged. Small piece of plastic to assure the vent is open under the cap.

With engine cool. Take the. Fuel line loose from the carb to see if there is a decent flow from the tank. If not clean the sediment bowl or replace it to improve fuel flow.

Check for debris inside tank. If old gas has been in the tank with an additive stabilizer then some varnish could be built. Up at the cutoff inside the tank.

Check to see if your running an external fuel filter that might be close to the heat shield or manifold. Is fuel boiling in the sediment bowl?

Check for debris in front of your radiator. Check water flow inside the radiator when warm. Could have clogged radiator or bad thermostat.

Could have a bad coil breaking down once it gets hot. Just like an old car. Lots of things give similar symtoms.

1. I have checked for the fuel cap venting issue and it seems like it is fine.
2. The tank did have some sediment in it, but not a lot and I have cleaned it out.
3. No external fuel filter
4. Gas isn't boiling
5. Replaced sediment bowl
6. Fuel line is clear.
7. Radiator is clean
8. Radiator isn't leaking

After carb rebuild if I continue to have issues, I will look into the thermostat.

Stuart

/ MF 135 Continental gas- losing power #15  
   / MF 135 Continental gas- losing power #16  
BZZZZZ! Wrong carb...If I'm not mistaken you said at the start of the thread that you had the Cont. 4 cyl. gas...the carb you identified here is for the 3 cyl Perkins gas engine...you should be looking for a Marv. Scheb. TSX882 if you have the Z145 engine....BobG in VA

HA HA HA! I have a 3 cylinder perkins so maybe I am on the right track after all! ;)

Thanks,
Stuart