MF 135 Hydraulics Shake When Lifting

/ MF 135 Hydraulics Shake When Lifting #1  

nolarefugee

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 135, Ford 4000
Hello all, first post...

1966 MF 135, when I raise the implement, it shakes / shudders. It goes up w/o any problem other than the shakes. Goes down smoothly.

Any idea what the cause / remedy could be?

Also, I noticed that if I leave it up with a load, say the bush hog, it will, very very slowly - go down. Is this normal? Are these two related?

/ MF 135 Hydraulics Shake When Lifting #2  
My loader shakes a bit when I lift it if I haven't throttled up enough to get decent pressure from the pump. Does it make a difference on throttle position?

As for the downward drift either the cylinders are bypassing or the shuttle on the spool is. Also I have heard that at times the draft control(if you have it) can cause sag.

/ MF 135 Hydraulics Shake When Lifting #3  
Hello all, first post...

1966 MF 135, when I raise the implement, it shakes / shudders. It goes up w/o any problem other than the shakes. Goes down smoothly.

Any idea what the cause / remedy could be?

Also, I noticed that if I leave it up with a load, say the bush hog, it will, very very slowly - go down. Is this normal? Are these two related?

Welcome to TBN:D
Is the fluid foamy looking?

/ MF 135 Hydraulics Shake When Lifting
I will check on the throttle position. Don't remember off the top of my head.

/ MF 135 Hydraulics Shake When Lifting
I haven't looked at the fluid, but will check it out.

/ MF 135 Hydraulics Shake When Lifting #6  
I haven't looked at the fluid, but will check it out.

we have a david brown 996 and the loader was the same this was simply down to a slightly low oil level in the hydrolic system it was suprizing how much difrence it made

so id chek the oil for a start sounds simple but its the simplest of things wich cause the bigest problems

/ MF 135 Hydraulics Shake When Lifting #7  
My MF 135 does the same thing. When I have my backhoe on, I pretend that its operating like a jack hammer :). My fuild is new, at the proper level and I cleaned the internal filter screen, no change. Since it does the same with my backhoe, I know its not the lift cylinder so its likely the pump. Now my draft control no longer functions and I have read a bit where there is some spring or something that likely fell off. Personally I just live with it (though I bought an external pump that I am going to run off the PTO for the backhoe this summer.

/ MF 135 Hydraulics Shake When Lifting #8  
My MF 135 does the same thing. When I have my backhoe on, I pretend that its operating like a jack hammer :). My fuild is new, at the proper level and I cleaned the internal filter screen, no change. Since it does the same with my backhoe, I know its not the lift cylinder so its likely the pump. Now my draft control no longer functions and I have read a bit where there is some spring or something that likely fell off. Personally I just live with it (though I bought an external pump that I am going to run off the PTO for the backhoe this summer.

look at your filters that might be your problem ???