MF 135 Position Control not working

/ MF 135 Position Control not working #1  

PSDStu

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota, M7060 HDC12, L4060 HSTC, RTV 1140
I am trying to help a neighbor who has a 1971 MF 135 diesel and the Position Control stopped working.

If you move the Position control handle either up or down nothing happens.

The Draft Control will raise and lower the 3 point hitch.

The hyd oil level is normal, and I need some help on trying to determine what is wrong.

Thanks for any help.

/ MF 135 Position Control not working #2  
When you try to use the position control where do you have the draft lever? Leave the draft lever up then try to use the position control.

/ MF 135 Position Control not working
No matter where I put the draft control the position control does nothing. When I start the tractor the pc is down and the draft control is fully raised....when I let off the clutch the 3point raises all the way up...even though the pc lever is at the lowest position.

/ MF 135 Position Control not working #4  
I had this exact same issue. To repair this you will have to remove the top cover so make sure you know how to do that.
While I am not certain of the precise cause and repair, I think this is the best thread I've seen regarding this issue:
Massey Ferguson 135 Position Control Not Working
Supposedly Big Dean Austin had a fix which he only shared by e-mail or PM, so it never got on the web as far as I know.
If you are able to get more details on the repair procedure, please add to the above thread: I would love to see this write-up definitive and complete.
Depending on your tractor model, you will probably want to have new replacements for the O-rings, back-up washers and gaskets that you will encounter in removing the top cover. When I did mine all of the back-up washers and the top cover gasket were missing. It turned out that some PO didn't understand the importance of back-up washers and used Permatex instead of the gasket. Of course the "flash" from this home-made "gasket" fell inside the center housing and ended up blocking the Ferguson pump filter.
I hope this helps. Good luck.

/ MF 135 Position Control not working #5  
I am trying to help a neighbor who has a 1971 MF 135 diesel and the Position Control stopped working.

If you move the Position control handle either up or down nothing happens.

The Draft Control will raise and lower the 3 point hitch.

The hyd oil level is normal, and I need some help on trying to determine what is wrong.

Thanks for any help.

As a matter of curiosity: can you or your neighbor associate any particular event or repair(s) that took place just before he noticed this problem?

/ MF 135 Position Control not working #6  
i have the same issue on an mf65. if/when i get around to this repair i will update with detailed photos and procedure etc