MF 1433 need help! Comments on this deal...

/ MF 1433 need help! Comments on this deal... #11  
If you do get the MF 1433, please post pictures of it. I am interested in the Hardy loader. These isn't a dealer for them in my area, but I have been looking at their site for over a year now. They appear to have a very good product. As far as I know, they are the only company that offers a self-leveling bucket for a compact tractor. That would be a very nice feature to have. Please post pictures of how the loader is attached, especially to the rear axle. I have had a MF 1440 for about three weeks now and love it.

/ MF 1433 need help! Comments on this deal...
Well, it looks like Tuesday will be the day to order, will definately send pics to all! The hardy stuff looks great as I have mentioned, and the frame hookup is decent. Download the PDF brochure at this address:
html Hardy Brochures

You can see the load dispersion etc. looks good. we are getting the new 66" HD bucket (biggest they make for that frame) and the bale spear/forklift combo mount. I'll take pics of the detail...

Can't wait! Now that the decision is made I feel like it was a smart one. Great tractor at a great price.

Thanks folks!!
Tonester
*wish me luck* /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sorry JerryG, Missed this one....

It has Power shuttle. The dealer had mentioned putting on an AGCO hydro???? if I was interested???? Don't know how that works....but Hydro's are nice...could be I misunderstood, 'cos I don't see any full Hydro's on MF's

Tonester

/ MF 1433 need help! Comments on this deal... #14  
The MF 1466 is stronger that your number show. Here is a chart where I combined Hardy and MF numbers. I got the MF numbers from my loader manual.

Attachments

• 310568-Loader Comparsion jpg..jpg
    310568-Loader Comparsion jpg..jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 283
   / MF 1433 need help! Comments on this deal... #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( As for that Hardy loader, the specs are better than the MF 1466. It looks like 1400lbs vs. 1200 on the MF )</font>

I was curious where you got your numbers. According to the Hardy website, the Model 35DL has a 1100 lb lift capacity. They don't mention if this is at the pivot pin or 24" beyond. I would assume they use the better of the two, which is at the pivot pin. The MF 1466 lists a lift capacity of 1200 lbs at pivot pin and 1050 lbs at 24" beyond.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Again, my issue is distance and dealer service here, as I find the tractors all fairly similar, relatively speaking of course (I am sure that comment will create a storm!). I mean, really, they will all do a great job on our farm! The dealer I mentioned is very close by and quite large, with an excellent service department and policy (and all agreements will be in writing!!!). )</font>

I agree, I think you really can't go wrong with any of the units currently made by the major companies such as JD, Kubota, NH or MF. They all make great machines. It just comes down to picking them apart and finding the perfect one for you. Part of finding the perfect tractor is finding the perfect dealer, which it seems you have done.

I'm sure you will be happy with your choice. Don't ever look back after it's a done deal.

Now only if I could make a choice as well. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ MF 1433 need help! Comments on this deal... #16  
Tonester,

I have been looking for quite a while and have been to most of the dealers in New England. I can tell you this much, no one touches Northwood power for service. The owner has been in the drilling boring business for 35 years as well as many other fassets of construction. As he told me he has been on the wrong side of the sales counter too many times. I was so impressed with their attitude I asked them for a job. I now work for them part time.

Did they mention that they will deliver a tractor to your house for a FREE demo? (five if your not shure what model you want) Steve...

/ MF 1433 need help! Comments on this deal... #17  
I have a Hardy loader (model ST85) installed on my Belarus 525. Purchased new with tractor in 1990. No problems, although it has not been used that much (the tractor sat unused for several years - long story).

I would recommend that you get the DL version with the self-leveling feature. I wish I had bought that model.

My bucket came with holes pre drilled to accept steel bars (Hardy refers to them as "manure forks"). Work like a toothbar, but not as easily removed, they bolt individually to the bucket. Last year I paid $70 (plus shipping) for the 10 bars. Someone who is comfortable working with steel might be able to cut and drill steel bars for less money.

The loader is "quick attach", in that there are only two levers to release the bucket from the frame. I keep the bucket on all the time, but it works slick, and is self supporting.

Good luck.

Ron in Central New York

/ MF 1433 need help! Comments on this deal... #18  
All 1400 Series loaders are rated at @ 19.5" from pivot. Hardy's site doesn't show where theirs are rated at.

I saw the same info. The dealer claims Hardy has redesigned the 35 this year to increase lift to 1400lbs. I have a letter out to Hardy to confirm this and will post the new specs. The propaganda from Hardy reflects the old specs. I would obviously go with the 1466 if the specs are better! I'll let you know what they say...

Thanks,
Tonester

JerryG,
I also eyeballed the Hardy loader as I mentioned earlier. It doesn't look like the one on Hardy's brochure. The one I saw looked more heavy-duty, and the hoses look about an inch thick and heavier. They run all the way to the bucket. There are no metal tubes on the arms at all. So i am inclined to believe they have done an upgrade, I just haven't seen any "official" specs.