MF 1433V wont move

/ MF 1433V wont move #1  

The Odd Rod Garage

Tractor
MF 1433V
I bought a MF 1433V from a horse boarding location. They said the tractor was pushing a load of manure down hill and quit moving. They said there were no noises, it just quit moving. I figured it would be an easy fix.......... nope. Let me start by saying that I have checked every lever in every position and nothing changes. It will not move forward or back. I also have no PTO movement. I broke the tractor in two to look at replacing the clutch but the clutch looks great. The tractor only has 700 hours on it. I noticed that the input shaft moved freely no matter what I did with the shifter. I figured that it must be a hydro trans thing and put the tractor back together. I realized that no matter what gear I had it in, the tractor would push freely and never hold, it was always able to be pushed. All hydraulics work properly. The tractor runs perfectly. Is there a drive coupling or sheer tube or sheer pin in the drives? Help please...... I'm on the verge of pulling my hair out and I'm already almost bald. Any help?

P.S. I also removed the gearshift and cover then ran the engine with it off..... the input shaft is moving.

Last edited:
   / MF 1433V wont move #2  
"Hydro trans thing"? Just what transmission option does the tractor have?

/ MF 1433V wont move
Based off from the internet, that never lies, state that it has a hydrostatic transmission. I sure feel gears moving about when I shift the levers. Maybe I was mislead.

/ MF 1433V wont move #4  
We have a 1533 synchroshuttle. It has a range lever and a gear shift. 8 forward and 8 reverse speeds/gears.

If the 1433 you have only has a range lever, then I would say it is a hydrostatic.

There is a version of the synchroshuttle that has 16 forward and 16 reverse.

/ MF 1433V wont move
We have a 1533 synchroshuttle. It has a range lever and a gear shift. 8 forward and 8 reverse speeds/gears.

If the 1433 you have only has a range lever, then I would say it is a hydrostatic.

There is a version of the synchroshuttle that has 16 forward and 16 reverse.
So I have a gear shift on the floor with 4 gears. I have a high and low range selector for basically another four gears. It also has a shuttle for forward and reverse.

/ MF 1433V wont move #6  
If it's hydrostatic it would have pedals for forward/reverse and be pretty obvious. It must be a shuttle, either power or synchro.

/ MF 1433V wont move #7  
I am guessing it is a synchoshuttle like on my 1533.

I wish I had an idea...

I have a service manual in pdf for the 1533.. parts will not be the same. It might give you some ideas if you want to see it. Its on my google drive and I can PM a link for it.

Let me know....