MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil

/ MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil #11  
WilliamBos said:
Hi,

The moral of the story here, stick with Permtran!! It is worth it.
I agree completely. Can't go wrong by using Permatran.

/ MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil #12  
   / MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil #13  
I am preparing for my 50 hour service, and my MF dealer sold me MF hydraulic oil that is simply labled Permatron. My manual says to use Permatron III. When I questioned him, he said it was the same stuff. I normally wouldn't doubt a dealer, but I haven't been completly impressed with their knowledge in past situations. Has anybody else used MF brand Permatron in their 1533, or did you find MF brand Permatron III?

Thank you,

Gilford
On a Massey Ferguson 1533 synchro shuttle, do you check the hydraulic oil with the tractor running or stopped

/ MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil #14  
Do you check the oil in the transmission of Massy Ferguson 1533 with engine running or off? Oil in the sight glass on the differential.

/ MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil #15  
Do you check the oil in the transmission of Massy Ferguson 1533 with engine running or off? Oil in the sight glass on the differential.
what year and whats it got for transmission

/ MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil #16  
On my MF1540 HST I check it with it off, but it really shouldn’t matter.

/ MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil #17  
It’s a 1533 with synchro shuttle transmission

/ MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil #18  
on 2010 MF 1532 with the 9 speed its level ground, engine off, bucket lowered and curled up, 3 point lowered and sight glass should be 1/2 way up give or take. its hard to see sometimes.
I use this in that 1532 and my 2010 gc2400. they both use the same check procedures.

/ MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil #19  
A friend of my father's when I was a kid worked at a large oil refinery.
Stan used to laugh :ROFLMAO:when people would argue about what the best major brand name oils were.
He said they put the same oil into containers for most of the big name product.
X=Y=Z major brand.
Where it differed was in the the oils for discount store brands.
It was the same oil but had fewer detergents and other chemicals that kept the oils from breaking down.
They wanted a lower price point so the refinery had to cut back on the chemicals that helped the oil last longer to meet that price point.

/ MF 1533 Hydraulic Oil #20  
A friend of my father's when I was a kid worked at a large oil refinery.
Stan used to laugh :ROFLMAO:when people would argue about what the best major brand name oils were.
He said they put the same oil into containers for most of the big name product.
X=Y=Z major brand.
Where it differed was in the the oils for discount store brands.
It was the same oil but had fewer detergents and other chemicals that kept the oils from breaking down.
They wanted a lower price point so the refinery had to cut back on the chemicals that helped the oil last longer to meet that price point.
Base stock yes is all the same. 3 parts to an oil. 1 outnof 3 parts is same. The additive package and detergents are not.