mf 1533 pto probs

/ mf 1533 pto probs #1  

josh8440

i was wondering if any of you can help me before i take to dealer. My wife was mowing our field which was 10 acres and she called me well the PTO doesnt engage no more. she mowed for prob like 2 hrs and all of the sudden when you turn on the PTO it doesnt work at all. Could it be a fuse? any ideas

/ mf 1533 pto probs #2  
Hey Josh not sure what the 1533 uses to engage the pto.I do know that on the GC's it's a hydralic valve that engages the clutches so not sure what to say.Does the 1533 have a lever to engage or a switch.If its a lever then it could be like the GC's if its a switch then of course it's different.Larry

/ mf 1533 pto probs #3  
i was wondering if any of you can help me before i take to dealer. My wife was mowing our field which was 10 acres and she called me well the PTO doesnt engage no more. she mowed for prob like 2 hrs and all of the sudden when you turn on the PTO it doesnt work at all. Could it be a fuse? any ideas

First, check beside the seat to make sure the mechanical lever is still in the on position. Then, if it still does not work, check the fuse. Would not hurt to flip the seat up, and make sure the seat switch is still connected completely.

Keep us posted.

df.

/ mf 1533 pto probs #4  
I've got the same problem as Josh; the MF Mod 1533 uses an electronic clutch. Mine stopped working "mid-hole" that I was augering. No fuse is blown. I assume there is a problem with the clutch. How do I repair that?

/ mf 1533 pto probs #5  
Yall didn't happen to hit the auto pto button did yall?

Cutting off mid usage id say its a fuse.

/ mf 1533 pto probs #6  
or the switch itself