MF 165 front track adjustment

/ MF 165 front track adjustment #1  

EKUgrad

Bronze Member
After bringing the spacing in the alignment / tracking is off. Does anyone know if adjustment can be made at the spindle? I'll wear these front tire out quickly if I don't adjust. Thanks!

/ MF 165 front track adjustment #2  
If the axle is the same as on the 178, then the tie rods will have notches in them that corresponde with the adjustment holes in the axle. The tie rod should also have 1 threaded end (King Pin end) for fine adjustment. The king Pins themselves don't adjust.
Hope this helps.

/ MF 165 front track adjustment
If the axle is the same as on the 178, then the tie rods will have notches in them that corresponde with the adjustment holes in the axle. The tie rod should also have 1 threaded end (King Pin end) for fine adjustment. The king Pins themselves don't adjust.
Hope this helps.

Thanks -- that's what I need, a threaded tie rod. For whatever reason, this one does not have one. That's the answer I have been looking for!

/ MF 165 front track adjustment #4  
Thanks -- that's what I need, a threaded tie rod. For whatever reason, this one does not have one. That's the answer I have been looking for!

Not a threaded tie rod - he means to line up the relevant notch which automatically gives the correct toe setting for that particular track width.

Check the drawings in this Ebay parts advert:

TRK598 Tie Rod End Kit Massey Ferguson 165 168 185 188 Tractor +Late MF 175 178 | eBay

They have a setscrew to engage into one of the slots. You need to adjust both tie rods when you change track width.

/ MF 165 front track adjustment
Not a threaded tie rod - he means to line up the relevant notch which automatically gives the correct toe setting for that particular track width.

Check the drawings in this Ebay parts advert:

TRK598 Tie Rod End Kit Massey Ferguson 165 168 185 188 Tractor +Late MF 175 178 | eBay

They have a setscrew to engage into one of the slots. You need to adjust both tie rods when you change track width.

Thanks -- yeah, I did that at the same time that I narrowed the front -- it's still off, though, but just by a little -- enough that you leave tire tread marks when driving on blacktop. Guess I'll grind a new stop if I have to.

/ MF 165 front track adjustment #6  
One part must be wrong for that machine - mistakenly fitted at some stage. There seems to be early and late versions, and mix-n-match rods and ends to suit different models. One tie rod end must be wrong, or something is bent, is all I can think of.