MF 188 engage pto problem

/ MF 188 engage pto problem #1  

kostaschatzis

Tractor
MF 188 / FIAT 880-5
Hello everyone, a few days ago I bought a mf 188 (1979 not multi power) when i m trying to engage the PTO (tractor stopped)
A) whith PTO shaft , it is difficult to engage the PTO (hard noise)
B) without the pto shaft it is engage very easy,
C) if i select pto on rear axels it is engage very easy, but i want it to take power from the engine .
D) With the engine off it is ok, engage and work (it seems that the cluch does not stops the pto)
1st time MF owner my other tractor is FIAT 880-5
Thanks in advance for the answers

/ MF 188 engage pto problem #2  
Hi and Welcome. You have a very capable tractor - the type I wanted when I was a boy .... and these 100-series models were new!

A couple things to check :
Are you sure the clutch is pressed all the way to the footrest, so the second stage is released? This is what allows PTO engagement.
Otherwise the clutch linkage - quite easy - or the second stage release - quite an involved job - needs adjustment.
Good luck!

/ MF 188 engage pto problem
Thanks for kind answer but from many tries only once i ve made to engage without any noise. the strange is that when there is nothing on 3points attached and its free then the PTO engages very easy and nice . then whith the pto shaft on and a sprayer cant lock it. I ve already change the bold nr 30 (on foto) and the clutch came very high but nothing happens . maybe i was very nervus , i ll try tomorrow again .Sorry for my ENG and Inkedclu_LI.jpg Thanks for your reply!!

/ MF 188 engage pto problem #4  
Do you have the right free play on the pedal?

Good evening Agvg!Probably you are expert according to the nr of posts ,
Sorry for my ENG but what do you mean by right free play ?
I post that also on MF owning /operating file , there also Mr DLTTrekkers send some advices what to do, but here seems that everyone want to help , probably i found good people, i m 1st time owner of MF i have a FIAT 880-5 and now i m trying to learn MF188 , Thanks for the reply!! can you explain me the right free play? do you mean how cm goes theclutchpedal when i press it by foot without nothing happen? Thanks for your interest Agvg!

/ MF 188 engage pto problem #6  
The free play is how many cm the pedal goes down with no recistance.

Thanks again Agvg , it very kind to reply and giving me advices ,on monday i l try to fix it (not alone) following the advices of mr DLTtrekker, anyway . I would like to thank you for your support and interrest, maybe i ll ask you again if i cant fix it.
Have a nice day