MF 210-4. Where do you buy parts?

/ MF 210-4. Where do you buy parts? #1  

ColestinValley

Tractor
Branson 3510
My Dad rescued a Massey Ferguson 210-4. He got it back up and running, but now it seems the steering bearings have disintegrated. We would like to buy parts online from a trustworthy source, but we don't know what that source would be. It's hard for me to remember that this isn't actually a very old tractor--1982 or thereabouts. Any opinions that come from you experienced owners would be welcome! I'll try and rustle up a picture (I know you all like pictures!)

/ MF 210-4. Where do you buy parts? #2  
I used to own this tractor; it was made by Hinomoto in Japan, and the motor is a toyosha if memory serves. Massey has changed hands and suppliers many times over the decades, so parts through a dealer network will probably be tough. I would start with a tractor dealer (online) that sells grey market tractors....it is possible something like bearings were shared among the industry. If you could remove them you might be able to go to an industrial supply company to look for something similar as well - but i am just guessing on that.

/ MF 210-4. Where do you buy parts? #3  
I don't know what type bearings to which you refer. If it's a caged ball or roller bearing there should be a number stamped on the side. This number is universal across bearing providers. If you don't have or can't make out the number generally the inner and outer diameters along with the thickness will allow a bearing sales outfit to cross match it. It should not be difficult. Good luck.

/ MF 210-4. Where do you buy parts?
Thanks! I am hopeful. Sounds like we need to dismantle that front end and get our hands on that bearing.

/ MF 210-4. Where do you buy parts? #5  
Hinomoto and Toyosho both were acquired by Hitachi (same as the excavator people) which is why MF switched to Iseki. Here is a link. Hinomoto.