Oil & Fuel MF 220 Compact Diesel Decals

/ MF 220 Compact Diesel Decals #1  

Mike52

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 220 Compact Diesel
Went back a year or two on the forum logs and didn't find anything.....

Does anyone know where I can get a set of hood decals for my mf 220 Compact diesel? I've tried a ton of places...yesterday's tractors, google searched for decal mfg. (mostly model RR), etc. ,etc. No luck... anyone have any new ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ MF 220 Compact Diesel Decals #2  
I used to have a 210 - nice rig. Anyhow, best bet is to have any local sign company make you new vinyl graphics. if you have the owners manual or a good picture of the correct originals, a graphic designed can mimick them. This will not be cheap, but neither would aftermarket web if they were available.

/ MF 220 Compact Diesel Decals
sorry...just thought of something else. Any insights on parts compatibility or sources? I've found water pumps, belts, and hoses and a number of other things on various places on the 'net...have been able to get the local midas shop to handle muflers and pipes, a local foundry to rebuild the cracked manifold...what about other things... What seemed to be the major causes of concern on your 210? I've been having an overheating problem and am about to start rebuilding the cooling system...can't find a thermostat though.

thanks,

/ MF 220 Compact Diesel Decals #4  
I didnt have my 210 too terribly long, but there was one thing the bothered me - at 950 hours the clutch was just starting to slip. For example, in high range from a dead stop, I could feel it give a bit. Every other tractor I have had will stall or drop REAL low when in high range (accidently) backing out of a ditch etc. This tractor would slip. I started surfing around for the parts and came to the conclusion that I did not want to do a clutch in that tractor. To auction she went...I now have a mitsu compact that will do wheelies....the clutch is so good.

Anyhow, I really liked the way that 210 ran and drove, nice nice size. I would buy another hinomoto-built compact in a second.

/ MF 220 Compact Diesel Decals
Many thanks... My 220 seems to be just about right for me as well...clutch seems fine at 1440 hrs. I've noticed that it does almost stall the engine in high range when starting out. The diff lock doesn't seem to work as advertised. The manual says to always use the clutch. However, it doesn't seem to engage that way. It does work ok if I slowly engage the difflock pedal...I feel the teeth trying to engage, but it does engage eventually. There are other issues as well, but nothing that prevetnts it from being functional.

All in all its a good little tractor but the parts availability issue is somewhat troublesome....

Its got kiki diesel injectors...any insight on them? can they be rebuilt...are there any dealers/or repair shops for them?

The cooling system rebuild is going well...water pump and stuff going in this weekend....disassembly was ok but twisted the hood bolts...they split and need to be taken out with a torch and a stud puller.