MF 222 backhoe on a MF 203 Workbull

/ MF 222 backhoe on a MF 203 Workbull
After waiting for a couple of months to figure out how to repair this old backhoe, I now have the parts in hand and will be reassembling it soon. :drink:

032.jpg
Here's the mast with new bearings. The problem was the upper bearing was toast and the lower was gone, literally. At some point in the tractors life someone had the lower bearing opening machined for a different bearing and that's why the stock one wouldn't fit. The machine shop found a bearing and turned it down to fit the opening. $$$042.jpg

h

IMG_0289.jpgIMG_0290.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 391
   / MF 222 backhoe on a MF 203 Workbull #24  
Hello All, I know I am digging this thread up from a long while ago, but information on the MF222 Backhoe attachment is scarce, so please bare with me. My friend has acquired a MF3165 with the 222 Backhoe. He has the same problem with the pivot bearings being worn out. We have been trying to locate part numbers or dimensions on both the upper and lower bearings to no avail. After reading about your success in this thread, I was hoping you might be able to help with finding this information. Please feel free to PM me if needed. Many thanks in advance! NM427

/ MF 222 backhoe on a MF 203 Workbull #25  
Are you familiar with the AGCO site?

/ MF 222 backhoe on a MF 203 Workbull #27  
Go to AGCOpartsbook.com, click on "view books", type in 222 and click on Massey Ferguson, scroll down to the backhoes. The center diagrams can be expanded and the two sides of info can be as well (or shrunken).

/ MF 222 backhoe on a MF 203 Workbull #28  
Go to AGCOpartsbook.com, click on "view books", type in 222 and click on Massey Ferguson, scroll down to the backhoes. The center diagrams can be expanded and the two sides of info can be as well (or shrunken).

Thank you VERY much for the lead. This should get us started finding the parts my friend needs.

Once again, Many Thanks!
NM427

/ MF 222 backhoe on a MF 203 Workbull #29  
I cross referenced the upper and lower mast bearings at NAPA and they were half the cost from Massey. MF wanted something like $400 for the lower bearing. I avoid buying from MF at all costs. (no pun intended).