MF 231 Power steering fluid moving to engine oil

/ MF 231 Power steering fluid moving to engine oil #1  

Lawdog601

Tractor
MF 231
I picked up a 2003 231. Changed fluids because it had been sitting a while. Power steering got weak. Found out it pushed all fluid into engine oil. Changed out pump. Changed oil. About 10-15 hrs it's doing it again. Trying to figure out which way to go next. Looks to me that the only two things in steering system are the pump and the control valve. Does that valve cause situations like I'm having???? Thanks for the help

/ MF 231 Power steering fluid moving to engine oil #2  
Check pressure on control valve older units were around 1800
Also check spindles make sure they are loose and take grease will heat up oil if it is taking full. Pressure to move which can lead to seal failure

/ MF 231 Power steering fluid moving to engine oil #3  
I picked up a 2003 231. Changed fluids because it had been sitting a while. Power steering got weak. Found out it pushed all fluid into engine oil. Changed out pump. Changed oil. About 10-15 hrs it's doing it again. Trying to figure out which way to go next. Looks to me that the only two things in steering system are the pump and the control valve. Does that valve cause situations like I'm having???? Thanks for the help

The 231 (not the 231S) was in production for 10 years, from 1989-1999. It was made in Poland by URSUS. Mine is a 1998 year model. Early models had square fenders and later models had the shell type fenders.
The 231S took the place of the 231.
Very good, strong and reliable tractors!!

/ MF 231 Power steering fluid moving to engine oil #4  
The only place it touches engine oil is the pumps input shaft.

It therefore is reasonable to assume that the pump input shaft seal is leaking.

/ MF 231 Power steering fluid moving to engine oil #5  
relief valve is in pump