MF- 25 disc harrow

/ MF- 25 disc harrow #11  
It's listed for $850 with the company below if anyone in that area is interested.

WEHRLE BROS. EQUIP.
RT 185 & VAN TRAN AVE
VANDALIA, IL 62471
Phone : 618-283-0713
Fax : 618-283-0732

/ MF- 25 disc harrow
Sounds like there not going to give it away !!!

/ MF- 25 disc harrow #13  
I have a set of MF #25 disc harrows that i will be scrapping. We broke one of the cast bearings spools and can not find a replacement. From what I have been able to find out it has the old style cast spools. All of thescrapers are on the rear gangs as well. One of the gang rods is slightly bent from when we broke the bearing spool.

If anyone is interested my email is dbrownlee88@hotmail.com

/ MF- 25 disc harrow #15  
I have a MF-25 disc harrow that needs axle bearings.The orginal bearings consisted of a 2 piece top and bottom casting .A spool with ribs is inside the casting.It also has 2 grease fittings on the casting.Is this just a metal against metal bearing surface?The part #'s I have are 663848 M1 and 663843 M1. Is there a way to convert these #'s with Agri-Supply #'s.Has anyone been down this road before? Thanks...Ken

I have a set of the bearing casings complete with the spool from an original MF 25 that we are parting. They are priced at $175 plus freight, for the 3 piece set. phone # is: 816 277 4968

/ MF- 25 disc harrow #16  
I have a couple of questions about the MF 25 disc harrow. The gangs on mine are all loose and the bottoms of the bolts attaching them are flat rather than hexed. Are the gangs that hold the disc scrapers intended to be loose? At first I though this was the case, but looking at FWJ's excellent restoration and other photos I have seen they appear to be snug. Also should the gang rails be above the connecting parts or below them (where they are bolted to from the frame). Some on mine are above, some below, as a result the ends of the disc scrapers are all over the place. I will refer to FWJ's photos for clues but if anyone has any information about what should be snug and what joints should be loose to provide flexibility I would be very appreciative.
Thanks, Phil

/ MF- 25 disc harrow #17  
never mind, once I got it all apart it became obvious. resto is now complete.

/ MF- 25 disc harrow #18  
I have a Ferguson ABO-22 with a manual I bought on ebay for the ABO-21/22 - they look identical, except for the hangers that hold the scrapers - the ferguson ABO has a c channel and the MF-25 has a piece of angle iron holding all the scrapers?

I to am missing the scrapers - on outside and one regular - but there must be 3 types - left side, right side and outside/insde scrapers? Does anybody know if you can buy the scrapers? or should I just make some myself?

The Ferguson ABO's were earlier than the MF-25 from my meager gathering?

If I replace only one box - with the new matching bearing will the disc look relatively the same and no change in height on the one one side I have a broken spool - my wooden bearings are mostly gone and I am wondering if I should repair the one bearing box and get some woodex bearings for the others that are worn or replace with the agri-supply bearing boxes/bearings?

I will not use this that much so I am thinking replace the one box with new spool and get 38 dollar wooden bearings for the worn ones.

somebody didn't grease when they used, the grease dried and had the bearing spool wearing down the wooden bearings both laterally(causing play) and vertically inside the wood. One bearing box/wood bearing (that I would have bet my right arm was steel) is good and I replaced all the grease fittings for every box - the guy I bought from said he greased them but I never got a single bit of grease to go in except after I disassembled the rear discs, cleaned out the dried grease and reassembled and pumped in knew grease with the broken spool - it drags the spacer against the disc on that position and makes noise - I found 1" 18 inch round discs for 9 dollars, they were new but had light rust on outside of blade - that will come off with one pass in the ground? good price for the disc's if anybody needs them?

I paid 400 for the disc - if I get the one replacement (was going to weld a piece on the bearing spool to extend past the bearing box and properly fit against the disc) and 2 wooden bearings it should make it good again - I did fabricate some hand levers out of scrap material - they work awesome and if I repaint I would finish the metal I shaped a little more. The bar for the lever I made out of an old kerosene heater handle I saved - and my wife asked me why that handle had been hanging for years on the back of the door? I said some day I will use it, and finally did - amazing what you can do to repurpose items when you have vision.

The ferguson has the adjusting levers as well - the hangar bars look like the only difference?

Does anybody know how tight this is supposed to be - my bolts are tight but the unit bends down on the outside ends, I don't think it should be rigid (but maybe it is?) but my powermaster at its highest always scrapes the ground/grass when I turn or go out of the garage. I think after agri-supply box bearing and new wood bearings - it will tighten up much better - but I can help wondering it this unit is supposed to be near tight?

Thanx for any help in advance,

Rick

I learn by reading, reinforce with observation - and always remember after peeing on the fence.

I have an old tractor, no experience with implements but can weld or fabricate most things - I am just trying to learn and slow down enough to make the right decision once instead of three times before I arrive at the right decision.

/ MF- 25 disc harrow #19  
I bought a ferguson ABO-22 which sounds similar to the MF-25 but mine has wood bearings and only one offset groove/raised off spool with the two funneled end pieces that contact the discs.
Anyone know if I can use/change out with the part number listed here - they look like they have 3 three grooves on the spool and steel grooved bearings with the bearing box?
I have a broken steel spool on one side of the spool and most all wood bearings are sloppy?

boxes any help would be appreciated - I just want this to function, if changing 8 bearing boxes with these general will work and cost similar to a spool(which may not be able to be purchased - woodex makes the bearings @ 40 x 8 and only one bearing box has a good bearing) and bearings then it sounds like I should change them out?

Rick

/ MF- 25 disc harrow #20  
I have a MF-25 disc harrow that needs axle bearings.The orginal bearings consisted of a 2 piece top and bottom casting .A spool with ribs is inside the casting.It also has 2 grease fittings on the casting.Is this just a metal against metal bearing surface?The part #'s I have are 663848 M1 and 663843 M1. Is there a way to convert these #'s with Agri-Supply #'s.Has anyone been down this road before? Thanks...Ken
I have salvage bearings for the Massey Ferguson model 25 disc.
phone 816-277-4968