MF 263

/ MF 263 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am interested in buying a MF 263 2wd with independant PTO. What are your opinions of this tractor and what is a good price? Thanks

/ MF 263 #2  
Darv12, I don't think you provided enough information for anyone to give you a comprehensive answer. I've never heard anything bad about those tractors, and according to tractortips.com, they were made from '98 - ? and sold new for $21,755. With 62 engine and 53 PTO hp, it ought to be a nice tractor. How old is it, how many hours on it, what kind of condition, what do you intend to use it for, and are there any other implements or attachments with it? And then, personally, I don't know a lot about used prices, but I'll bet some other folks on here can help you./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ MF 263 #3  
Maybe you could compare the two. My dealer has sweet MF283,1990 w/1.360hrs,80% tire,ROPSw/canopy,$10,500,and its been will taken care of.
MF is a strong work horse tractor,and maybe thats why very few are traded in..will at least in this area.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ MF 263 #4  
I bought a MF 263 last fall, same as yours, 2wd, independent PTO, shuttle shift. You didn't say whether or not you were getting a loader, but I'll tell you this in case you're thinking of one. The tractor itself works well, and I've have had no problems it at all. It runs VERY smoothly, it's comfortable to operate, and it's very strong. The only drawback is that you can't go backwards up a slope, even a small incline, with a load in the bucket. The 2wd just digs itself right on in, and no amount of brake pedal working, or posi-trak lock will do any good.