Here's a pic of the new iron on the truck:

mf2635.jpg

Been a great day so far! :D

/ MF 2635
Very nice.:thumbsup:

/ MF 2635 #25  
That's a nice tractor!

/ MF 2635
Hey Mack, how is the Massey doing for ya? Me, I still on the sidelines for a while yet, still don't what tractor to buy. The old want/need/afford battle.

/ MF 2635 #27  
I had posted some feedback in another thread, you might have seen it there but I'll repost it here for everyone else. And add a couple things.

Only issue I have had is with the alternator which was replaced under warranty, I explained more about that in another post in this thread. Oh, and a clamp around the water pump wasn't as tight as it could be, and I was leaking a bit of coolant before I traced it to that. Pretty minor though, and fixed with a screwdriver and flashlight. Seems like mostly QA issues so far after 82 hours.

Dislikes - The braking I don't like very much, but perhaps I'm expecting too much out of a tractor braking wise since it's never moving that fast, and you could be using the gearing to your advantage to slow things down. It's also alot bigger than my 1533 so it takes quite a bit more to bring to a full stop. It slides very easily on any type of terrain with the brake engaged, so you can't just stomp on the brakes without thinking it through a bit. There is a definite brake bias on the right side, so if you are going down the road at full speed and need to brake suddenly, the tractor pulls to the right, so you need to steer left to keep things straight. I have been meaning to ask the dealer about this, perhaps I am missing something...

Another quirk is that the F N R shuttle lever has to be in an exact correct position in order to start the tractor. This is probably just an adjustment that needs doing, however I am used to it now.

I was used to having steps on both sides of the tractor, this only has steps on the left side. I find myself hoisting myself up if I'm too lazy to walk to the other side. The loader joystick is somewhat in the way, but it's easily passable since I'm on the slimmer side.

Needs a drink holder and a bigger toolbox, both easily solved.

Other than that, no major gripes, it does what it's supposed to do. I'm probably under-using it a bit right now, but I bought it with the future in mind as I get into more ag oriented work. Right now it gets used to feed the animals on our farm, pull the water wagon, brush hog, and move stuff around the yard with the pallet fork attachment. Also tilled, disced and cultivated our half-acre garden with it, kind of a big tractor for those tasks but it was nice to have the extra power.

Overall I think the 2600 series are a great value, if you need more of a entry-level farm or utility tractor as opposed to a compact. I haven't been able to look at the others in the series closely though, just basing it on what I see with the 2635.

/ MF 2635
Thanks for the update, I'll look up your other thread. Nothing like overkill when doing a garden, I used a 3 16 plow for my little 30'X50' garden. It might be to much for what I need to, I think the control layout was quite nice. Was the 1533 a hydro or gear?

/ MF 2635 #29  
1533 was a gear model. Was a great little tractor. When I bought my property the only thing I knew for sure I would be doing was cutting grass, but I got the biggest tractor I could afford at the time. Turns out it was perfect for getting alot of work on the property done, but at the end of the day I needed an ag tractor so had to trade it in.

/ MF 2635 #30  
Great tractor - I've had the opportunity to rack up a few hours on one and really enjoyed how it performed.