MF 5445 Question?

/ MF 5445 Question? #1  

green duck

I have been looking into buying a MF 5445. The tractors I'm used to driving are JD's in the 8000 series. So the idea of cluthless shifting sounds good to me.

I have seen this JD joystick and was wondering if it could be installed on a MF 5445?

Front Loaders : Comfort & Control

It's the E-ICV model. I really like how comfortable it is. It mounts on the underside of the armrest and extents out past the armrest, so it's a very natural feeling location.

If I get the MF then I will get the grapple bucket, so I like how the joystick is multi-function.

Also any input on the 5445 would be great as I'm having a hard time finding any reviews.

Thanks

/ MF 5445 Question? #2  
The 5445 is almost the same as the 5455 which is a much more popular model. Search around and you'll find they are a well respected tractor.

Quicke make a electronic joystick that is similar to the JD but available for almost every model. It too bolts under the armrest and extends out a bit. You have to decide on open or closed centre hydraulics before you buy the kit though.

/ MF 5445 Question?
Thanks for the reply. Do you have a link to the Quicke joystick?

Also from the reading I have done, it seems that the cab on the 5400's are all about the same size, right? Is there room, or does it come with a buddy seat? The 5445 or the 5455, either one.

I have not been able to find many pictures of the inside of the cab except for on their website.

/ MF 5445 Question? #4  
All the 5400's have the same cab, yes, room for a buddy seat. Actually the cab structure is the same as the 6400's and up and is similar to the old 4300 and 4200's it replaces. Its a good cab, lots of room but not so big you can't see. My biggest complaint is access is tight on the right side, not gonna squeak by the controls all the time.

Sitting in one is probably the best way to check them out. The Challenger 400 series has the same cab structure too if there are any dealers nearby. Controls a bit different.

A note too, the Tier 3 engine w dyna 4 addresses all the complaints you'll find online. The tier 3 adds a pile of power when the pto is engaged and when in high gears on the road. A new 5445 has more power than my early 5455. A lot of people found the power lacking when they moved from a 4255 to a 5455 because it is a lot heavier tractor.

http://www.ebertwelding.com/groomers/optional/Danfoss on TSA -IMG_2399.jpg a danfoss model

http://www.quicke.nu/Quicke_NoA/Includes/Quicke loader.pdf page 10 shows the EH valve handle that mounts by the armrest.