Buying Advice MF GC1715 Warranty trasnfer?

/ MF GC1715 Warranty trasnfer? #1  

Usmc68

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1715
Howdy!

So I have been stuck in this research vortex on what tractor to buy for my 5 acres of grass/woods. I have considered the Mahindra MAX26XL, Kubota BX and Massey GC1715. I have been leaning towards the MAX26 dues to increased lift, etc. Local dealer has a 2015 with 320Hrs with FEL and 60" mower for $14,500. Also locally (CL) is a 2017 MF GC1715 With Mower deck, FEL, Filled tires and R6 or Ag tires with 72 hrs for $13800. He was buying a house but ended up falling through so he has no need for the machine. Whether it is buyer's remorse or what who knows. My inclination now is to go with the newer machine. Does anyone know if the 5 year warranty is transferable?

Thanks,
Semper Fi

/ MF GC1715 Warranty trasnfer? #2  
Howdy!

So I have been stuck in this research vortex on what tractor to buy for my 5 acres of grass/woods. I have considered the Mahindra MAX26XL, Kubota BX and Massey GC1715. I have been leaning towards the MAX26 dues to increased lift, etc. Local dealer has a 2015 with 320Hrs with FEL and 60" mower for $14,500. Also locally (CL) is a 2017 MF GC1715 With Mower deck, FEL, Filled tires and R6 or Ag tires with 72 hrs for $13800. He was buying a house but ended up falling through so he has no need for the machine. Whether it is buyer's remorse or what who knows. My inclination now is to go with the newer machine. Does anyone know if the 5 year warranty is transferable?

Thanks,
Semper Fi

Check with the original dealer to find out about the MF warranty transfer. I've never heard of r6 tires, but if you are going to cut lawn, at tires will be hard on the lawn and I'd think you'd want turfs for lawns or winter traction.

How much would you spend for a brand new MF gc1715 equipped the way you want. Don't forget, new from the dealer you'll have a choice of 4 to 6 agco finance options at attractive prices. Also the also insurance on the tractor is stunningly reasonable and very comprehensive. I paid less than 300 for 5 full years of coverage and it fits like a glove next to my homeowner's insurance.

/ MF GC1715 Warranty trasnfer? #3  
My GC1710 rocks. Bought it about two years ago. Approaching 100 hours of good solid productive work. Very capable and only sips diesel.

/ MF GC1715 Warranty trasnfer?
Thanks for the responses. The tires are AG I believe. I went to see it today and it looks brand new, well it pretty much is. He already had the 50Hr service performed on it. He is willing to go down to $13K Local dealer started at $14700 + tax. So $13K TOTAL seems pretty good to me. He is actually going through some issues with his spouse and just wants to let it go. I will call the selling dealer tomorrow.

Thanks for the responses. The tires are the R4 industrial I believe. I went to see it today and it looks brand new, well it pretty much is. He already had the 50Hr service performed on it. He is willing to go down to $13K Local dealer quoted me at $14,760 + 6% tax. So $13K TOTAL seems pretty good to me. He is actually going through some issues with his spouse and just wants to let it go. I will call the selling dealer tomorrow.

Semper Fi

Last edited:
Good morning-

So I spoke with the dealer where the GC1715 was purchased and he said no problem with the transfer, so I pulled the trigger on it. Only has 72hrs on it and the 50hr service was done at 49.5hrs and ended up paying 13K with a mmm and FEL.
The only thing I am not keen on is the entire sitting area shell (wheel wells, etc.) is thick molded plastic. Something I had not realized before. I am not sure on the durability of that but the rest of the tractor is very well built. I liked the all metal built of the Max26 but lack of good dealer support in my area was a deal killer. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Semper Fi

/ MF GC1715 Warranty trasnfer? #8  
Good decision, dude!

I've got the same tractor with AG tires, and I don't have a problem mowing the lawn with them.

Now you might need some attachments. Go to the Massey thread and look around. Lots of good info there. My latest purchase were bolt on forks from Titan Attachments, cheap and well built.

/ MF GC1715 Warranty trasnfer? #9  
Congratulations! I think you will find it is a work horse!

/ MF GC1715 Warranty trasnfer? #10  
Good morning-

So I spoke with the dealer where the GC1715 was purchased and he said no problem with the transfer, so I pulled the trigger on it. Only has 72hrs on it and the 50hr service was done at 49.5hrs and ended up paying 13K with a mmm and FEL.
The only thing I am not keen on is the entire sitting area shell (wheel wells, etc.) is thick molded plastic. Something I had not realized before. I am not sure on the durability of that but the rest of the tractor is very well built. I liked the all metal built of the Max26 but lack of good dealer support in my area was a deal killer. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Semper Fi

I wouldn't be bothered by the plastic there at all, especially compared to Mahindra who put a pretty lousy paint job on the Max 26's metal bodywork. The Massey is a really nice little subcompact with very good build quality.