MF TO35 1956

/ MF TO35 1956 #1  

roberth285

Tractor
MF TO35
I just bought a TO35 and looking over it I noticed water has been getting in the trans fluid. I noticed there is no gasket on the fill plug which I know is one place moisture can get in. I also noticed on the Master control spring the boot is not on properly and it is rusty. Can water get in through the Master control spring area if the boot in not on properly? And when I pull the master control spring assembly out should I lubricate it with anything? Thanks in advance.

/ MF TO35 1956 #2  
There should be a rubber boot on the bottom of the shift lever , if not water can enter through the shift lever.

/ MF TO35 1956
ok. Yeah it has good pliable boots on both hi/low and gear shift but I will have to make sure they are on properly

/ MF TO35 1956 #4  
I just bought a TO35 and looking over it I noticed water has been getting in the trans fluid. I noticed there is no gasket on the fill plug which I know is one place moisture can get in. I also noticed on the Master control spring the boot is not on properly and it is rusty. Can water get in through the Master control spring area if the boot in not on properly? And when I pull the master control spring assembly out should I lubricate it with anything? Thanks in advance.

Normal condensation will add water to the fluid, especially when it sits around unused even under cover. Work the snot out of it every few weeks and it will heat the fluid up and evaporate the water.