MF1105 Front tyres rub spindle

/ MF1105 Front tyres rub spindle
Larry / RMJack

Those tabs between the rim and the hub hold the two together. There are some spot welds to stop the hub from spinning inside the rim.

I wonder if the change was due to the front end loader being added ( take the extra weight out the front.)

Going by the massey ferguson parts catalogue the rims are look like a car rim.

I am going to help take the wheel off in a few hours time to see if the stub axle is cracked. Hopefully a part number will show up on the hub to help identify it.

The fix may take some time so it could be a while before I report back on that issue.

Thanks for the prompt assistance. :thumbsup:

/ MF1105 Front tyres rub spindle #12  
Your right about the original rims being like car rims.Somebody has really changed everything thats for sure.As for the original rims being changed due to the installation of the Loader[thats highly unlikely] the original rims are used on many tractors that have front end loaders on them.Have no idea as to why anyone would have done that change especially to have the tire's rubbing on the spindles etc: Again look for used ones from a tractor salvage/wrecker yard.I'am sure there's lots around somewhere.Good luck on you getting it all fixed up and working properly.Larry

/ MF1105 Front tyres rub spindle #13  
G'day the rims and centres fitted to that are the heavy duty ones and they are prone to doing wheel bearings usually check and adjust those ones every engine oil change, they are the best rims to have on with the loader. I think looking at the picture that the wrong size tyres have been fitted to the rim as they run pretty close with the right size tyre but they don't rub. Good luck with it

Jon

The situation thus far is this:

We removed hubs to check for cracking underneathe the axle stubs and there were none. Bearings appear to display no slop. Tractor owner took rims and tyres to tyre dealer and he will try 10" (wide?) tyres and that should give some clearance.

I did notice one hub (RHS) was about 1/8-1/4" closer to the spindle than the other side. This side had a 4 rib tyre and was the worst offender. I will know more Wednesday... hopefully?

Thanks guys.

The new tyres were fitted and there is now a 1/2 inch gap between the tyre wall and spindle. No problems turning.

Tyre 10" x 16".
NewTyre10inch.jpg

Problem Solved :D:thumbsup:

/ MF1105 Front tyres rub spindle #16  
looks like good clearence now!

/ MF1105 Front tyres rub spindle #17  
Good job!! That calls for a :drink:

/ MF1105 Front tyres rub spindle #18  
Thanks for the update.Glad its going to be working properly now. Larry:thumbsup: