MF135 Progress (sort of)

/ MF135 Progress (sort of)
Very cool soul. Looks handy as heck. I recently picked up a rear 3 pt boom arm, a homeade jobber, solid as a rock. Im not sure how I got by without it! I can see where that forward boom would be very useful. Thanks TB

More progress. I got the rods reconditioned, put the new rings on the new pistons, also new wrist pins, and put them in the block. Crank had been reconditioned a few weeks ago, he had to turn it down 20 over. Got the new oil pump, I will be putting it in this weekend, then I can put the pan on it. Baby steps! Also bought the adaptor kit that adapts the canister type oil filter to the spin on type. Here's a few pics for those interested. Thanks! TB

Attachments

• DSCF0061.JPG
    DSCF0061.JPG
    618.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCF0063.JPG
    DSCF0063.JPG
    606.8 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCF0060.JPG
    DSCF0060.JPG
    609.7 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF0066.JPG
    DSCF0066.JPG
    610.3 KB · Views: 192
And one more picture with the oil pump on....TB

Attachments

• DSCF0069.JPG
    DSCF0069.JPG
    616.2 KB · Views: 368
Got the oil pan on. Put front crank seal in the front timing cove but havent put it on yet. Clutch will be next, hopefuly some money will fall from the sky! Heres a few pics. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF0079.JPG
    DSCF0079.JPG
    629.2 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF0078.JPG
    DSCF0078.JPG
    616.9 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF0076.JPG
    DSCF0076.JPG
    622.1 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCF0075.JPG
    DSCF0075.JPG
    616.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCF0080.JPG
    DSCF0080.JPG
    619.1 KB · Views: 173
   / MF135 Progress (sort of) #17  
G'day great to see an old girl getting a new lease of life when you put the front cover back on be sure to get it central some of those engines where not a very neat fit on the dowels and as a result you end up with a front cover leak, sit the cover on and the fit the front pulley before tightening the bolts bit of a PITA but worth the effort when you have gone to all this effort. Also Soul it may be worth your while to pull your fuel pump off and make sure that the housing has not warped from being overtightened at some stage this can happen and it causes the pump to 'rock' as it operates making the bo;ts work loose. Hope this helps best of luck:)

Jon

Banjodunn, you were right about that timing cover not being centered. I had forgot about your advice untill I was trying to put the front pully on. It kept trying to roll the lip of the front crank seal under. I losened all the bolts up and finally got the pulley to go on without rolling the seal. I had 3 bolts broke off in the rear timing cover, and the tips that were sticking out were acting like alignment pegs. This did not allow the outer timing cover to move very much when pushing on the pully. The cover still seems alittle misaligned, but it all went together. One thing I noticed is that once the front pully center bolt it tight, I can no longer turn the motor over by hand. It will turn with a breaker bar and a socket on the bolt. The head is not on yet and its been relatively easy to turn by hand, any ideas why it got so tight? I had thought that the slightly misaligned cover was somehow causing this, but when I remove the bolt and tap slightly outward on the pully it will then spin by hand again. I retightened the pully bolt and it is still tight by had. Guess Im not going to worry about it too much for now. Again, thanks for that tip, it was a good thing to know. Thanks! TB

One other thing to add banjodunn, even though I drove the seal in as far as the other one appeared to be, it was still not enough. The pulley was rubbing on the seal making the motor alot stiffer feeling when the bolt tightened down. Going to have to pull the cover off again, grind those broken bolt tips off so they wont act as dowels, I should then be able to move the cover more freely and center it easier. Thanks! TB

/ MF135 Progress (sort of) #20  
G'day glad i was of some help TB i was just reading through how it was going and was going to mention the seal may wan't to go back a bit further but i see you have already found that :D. The prob is different manufacturers all have different ways of making things and a couple of thou here or there may not make a difference in 99 jobs but it is always the last job that gives you grief:(. Good to see you are checking as you go along makes it much easier than the person that screws it all back together puts it in and then say's "it won't turn over what's wrong???" . Good luck with it and keep us posted on progress:)

Jon