MF1745 belts streching on baler

/ MF1745 belts streching on baler #1  

RalphJ

Tractor
Farmtrex 8075
Thursday I started the first bales this year and the first bale did fine then the belts messed up after started on the next bale and twisted under the roller and stretched way out of shape. Took the part bale out then tried to put tailgate down and the belts hung down almost to the ground, All 6 belts, looked and did not see any rollers broken. Any ideal what happened?

/ MF1745 belts streching on baler #2  
Welcome to TBN
My guess is tension rollers inside baler aren't applying tension to belts as engineered. Did you cycle gate completely raised & then closed after flipping belt back?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    66.9 KB · Views: 176
   / MF1745 belts streching on baler
Welcome to TBN
My guess is tension rollers inside baler aren't applying tension to belts as engineered. Did you cycle gate completely raised & then closed after flipping belt back?

Yes. I cycle the gate several times because they would not stay tight or stay inside the tailgate. All belts shift left from 1 to 2 spaces. one belt tried to flip between top 2 rollers and the baler wont turn at all.

/ MF1745 belts streching on baler #4  
Check for the obvious first.
1. are all the chains on the sprockets? (a broken chain will do that)
2. are the belts free of obstructions? (plugged my baler and stalled the engine once because the belt guide had worn into and was "pinching" one of the belts)
If you're good on 1&2, then start checking for a seized bearing on one of the rollers and make sure that your gearbox turns.

/ MF1745 belts streching on baler
Check for the obvious first.
1. are all the chains on the sprockets? (a broken chain will do that)
2. are the belts free of obstructions? (plugged my baler and stalled the engine once because the belt guide had worn into and was "pinching" one of the belts)
If you're good on 1&2, then start checking for a seized bearing on one of the rollers and make sure that your gearbox turns.

thank you bigfoot, i'll check those thing out in the morning. I check the rollers out already,only one not loose is the one that belt is half twisted on. this baler is only 3yrs. old.

/ MF1745 belts streching on baler #6  
thank you bigfoot, i'll check those thing out in the morning. I check the rollers out already,only one not loose is the one that belt is half twisted on. this baler is only 3yrs. old.

What did you find?

/ MF1745 belts streching on baler #7  
Hey guys, I just used my 1745d bailer 2022 so this was it's first bails and having the exact same problem. Using a Massey Ferguson 240 with a wet kit. Not sure if I have enough hydrologic flow or just operator error.

/ MF1745 belts streching on baler #8  
Hey guys, I just used my 1745d bailer 2022 so this was it's first bails and having the exact same problem. Using a Massey Ferguson 240 with a wet kit. Not sure if I have enough hydrologic flow or just operator error.
Is it a new baler?