MF210-4 Mystery Switch

/ MF210-4 Mystery Switch #1  

williamthee3rd

Tractor
1985 MF210-4
Hello,

I am new here as I just purchased my first tractor. I'm not new to tractors as I've worked on the farm as a young man, but I'm new to owning and maintaining old little tractors. We purchased an MF210-4 with just over 1100 hrs for 4500 CAD. It came with a tiller, plow, rough cut mower and snow blower...everything needs a little love and could definitely use some paint, fresh front tires, and some lights and I noticed a hydraulic leak... Not sure if it's a great deal or not, but the prices of everything are nuts these days. for the implements and a running tractor, it seemed fair.

Most everything seems to be straight ahead, although I can not figure out what this switch on the lower left of the dash does. Unfortunately, the decal has worn off and there is not a ton of information online about this tractor.

Does anyone have any idea what this switch does?
signal-2023-09-22-025701_009.jpeg
signal-2023-09-22-025701_010.jpeg

Also here are some photos of the tractor. How did I do?

signal-2023-09-22-025701_004.jpeg
signal-2023-09-22-025701_005.jpeg
signal-2023-09-22-025701_003.jpeg

/ MF210-4 Mystery Switch #2  
Looks as though you did well. Those are some good tractors though I never saw one in a 4WD around here. That switch could be anything from a light to an ejector seat. You may have to follow the wiring and see.

/ MF210-4 Mystery Switch
Looks as though you did well. Those are some good tractors though I never saw one in a 4WD around here. That switch could be anything from a light to an ejector seat. You may have to follow the wiring and see.
Well, that may have to happen, bought it and then shuffled off to work for a few weeks...trying to solve the mystery from afar.

/ MF210-4 Mystery Switch
Anyone??

/ MF210-4 Mystery Switch #5  
I owned one of these years ago. I cant see the picture well, but i recall more than one switch for lights. These old japanese market tractors were intended to drive on the road, so it may have directional blinkers. only other random thought would be an electric PTO if it had a front attachment at some point in the past.

/ MF210-4 Mystery Switch
I owned one of these years ago. I cant see the picture well, but i recall more than one switch for lights. These old japanese market tractors were intended to drive on the road, so it may have directional blinkers. only other random thought would be an electric PTO if it had a front attachment at some point in the past.
Mini, I think you nailed it...it does have a bunch of junk hanging off the front and what's left of the sticker I can see a "TO" in big letters...i know I flipped it on and off and I didn't notice anything, but i will take a closer look when I'm home...

I think you solved the mystery.

/ MF210-4 Mystery Switch #7  
Mini, I think you nailed it...it does have a bunch of junk hanging off the front and what's left of the sticker I can see a "TO" in big letters...i know I flipped it on and off and I didn't notice anything, but i will take a closer look when I'm home...

I think you solved the mystery.
Maybe . . . :cool:. Just follow your wires ;). 👍

/ MF210-4 Mystery Switch #8  
I had a 205-4 the next model down & it didn't have that switch.
Parts can be tough for these.
As I recall I had the best luck with Southern Global in MS -they source new parts and have a junkyard of gray market tractors

/ MF210-4 Mystery Switch
Well... It's for the front electric PTO! It was pretty obvious once I took a closer look. Loving this little unit!