MF231 power steering pump

/ MF231 power steering pump #11  
hey Chuck,

Yup,that I did. Does Deere not call their aftermarket other brands parts program "Parts Country"? I know the Vapormatic guys don't like talking about their new bosses very much.......

/ MF231 power steering pump #12  
Woodbeef-Ironic, but the A&I reps do not like to agknowlege, or should I say it irritates them to talk about Deere owning the major portion of them. There competitve parts used to be called Match Plus. When they buy A&I, it's what ever package it's sent in.
Chuck M

/ MF231 power steering pump #13  
Chuck,
I apologize for the delay in answering.
My job has me travelling quite a bit.
Sometimes a couple of weeks go by before I can get to a computer.
Thanks for the info on the pump.
Searching around on the web, I have found it on several sites.
A place called ssbtractor.com list the 773126M92 pump for $231.51 + $26.00 S&H (ground service).
That's the most reasonable price I found.
MOst places were around $280 - 290 +$40 S&H.
A place called jackssmallengines.com had a mighty fine pump number 773126M92 for $360.83 + about $40 S&H! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
In the hunt, I got information from davistractor.com, that pump part number 773126M92, replaces part numbers; 193208M91, 518369M92, & 527904M91.
I still haven't found the part number on the pump on my tractor.
I guess I may have to pull the pump to see the number.
I've just learned from another post that I didn't 'bleed' or 'purge' the air form the pump properly after replacing the seals.
That should be done with the engine running and of course the fill cap on the pump, out. Then turn the steering wheel from side to side several times, top off the pump and repeat as necessary, until it remains full.
That's going to happen this week-end! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Again, thanks.
See you around the tractor shop here,
Ray

/ MF231 power steering pump #14  
Thanks for the info on the 'bleeding'.
No, I didn't fill and 'bleed' in this way.
I just filled the pump with fluid, with the engine off and cranked it and ran it.
I have always checked the fluid level with the engine off, just I would do on a car.
Well, now I'm learning, that a tractor ain't a car!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I've found a website setup by a retired MF mechanic that may be of some help to us in the MF club;
http://hometown.aol.com/bigdean62/
Big Dean Website
Ray

/ MF231 power steering pump #15  
Chuch,
Thanks for the suggestion to check the knees.
It sits out, in the weather. I lube it fairly regularly, but thinking about, it has probably been too long since I've greased it.
I'll jack up the front end just to check it before just shooting grease in it.
Ray

/ MF231 power steering pump #16  
There will not be a MF part number on the pump, that pump may have a plate with a Barnes number maybe.
Chuck M.