MF231 troubleshooting

/ MF231 troubleshooting #11  
Looks like an electric fuel pump?

Different setup than the 152 perkins in the 240.

Are you getting fuel to the injection pump?

/ MF231 troubleshooting
Looks like an electric fuel pump?

Different setup than the 152 perkins in the 240.

Are you getting fuel to the injection pump?

Yes I opened the line and the new green fuel is there

/ MF231 troubleshooting #13  
Make sure the lift pump is working. Check by pumping with the lever and open fittings leading to injection pump. Then get a hold of the procedure for priming the injection pump and follow it. There is on mine a vent screw on the body of the injection pump to open while pumping or cranking and before that vent along the way up to that point at connections. After that I opened the lines at the injectors one at a time while cranking and closed and started it. Mine is an older Perkins engine but the basic procedure should be the same

/ MF231 troubleshooting
Make sure the lift pump is working. Check by pumping with the lever and open fittings leading to injection pump. Then get a hold of the procedure for priming the injection pump and follow it. There is on mine a vent screw on the body of the injection pump to open while pumping or cranking and before that vent along the way up to that point at connections. After that I opened the lines at the injectors one at a time while cranking and closed and started it. Mine is an older Perkins engine but the basic procedure should be the same
The lever on mine was replaced by the electric pump.

/ MF231 troubleshooting
Would it do anything to open the line on the filter and the 2 bolts on the ejection pump at the same time?

/ MF231 troubleshooting
Would it do anything to open the line on the filter and the 2 bolts on the ejection pump at the same time?

/ MF231 troubleshooting
That little pump wasn't running. I followed it's hot line to a capped end. Put it on the hott terminal and I could hear it turn on. Within a couple seconds I had fuel squirting out of a pinhole in the line that must have finally broke through. So ill find somewhere to get that line fixed and start again lol.

I guess maybe that little pump was cheaper or easier to source than the hand pump and you only put power to it when you need it when repriming the system.

/ MF231 troubleshooting
That little pump wasn't running. I followed it's hot line to a capped end. Put it on the hott terminal and I could hear it turn on. Within a couple seconds I had fuel squirting out of a pinhole in the line that must have finally broke through. So ill find somewhere to get that line fixed and start again lol.

I guess maybe that little pump was cheaper or easier to source than the hand pump and you only put power to it when you need it when repriming the system.

/ MF231 troubleshooting
Anyone have the part number for this line? It's the one that runs from the injectors, under the gas tank, and connects into the gas tank behind the battery. Rubbing the gas tank rubbed a hole in it where my finger is.

/ MF231 troubleshooting
Picture

Attachments

• 20230628_190856.jpg
    20230628_190856.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 47