Loader MF232 mount and spacers?

/ MF232 mount and spacers? #11  
I still say that's abusive and careless. Knock wood, but I use mine with the bucket, manure forks, brush forks, pallet forks and I made up a snow blade from a used 3pth blade and have yet to break anything. Believe me the tractor and loader work hard. I've been on a tractor since the time I had to stand to use the clutch and brakes. I've broken 2 things that were not directly attributable to wear. A plough. I hit a buried rock that required the help of a friends backhoe to dig up. The second was a v-ditcher that also hit a large rock. That one almost put me on the hood of the tractor. How the lift arms didn't get broken out I'll never know. My father saw it happen and said the whole tractor must have jumped 6" in the air. There was no way of knowing those obstacles were there.

/ MF232 mount and spacers?
I still say that's abusive and careless. Knock wood, but I use mine with the bucket, manure forks, brush forks, pallet forks and I made up a snow blade from a used 3pth blade and have yet to break anything. Believe me the tractor and loader work hard. I've been on a tractor since the time I had to stand to use the clutch and brakes. I've broken 2 things that were not directly attributable to wear. A plough. I hit a buried rock that required the help of a friends backhoe to dig up. The second was a v-ditcher that also hit a large rock. That one almost put me on the hood of the tractor. How the lift arms didn't get broken out I'll never know. My father saw it happen and said the whole tractor must have jumped 6" in the air. There was no way of knowing those obstacles were there.

I'm not denying he was careless and therefore abusive to a piece of equipment that survived many years just fine before he broke it, TWICE. I expressed my displeasure at this development in a loud and obviously angry fashion, especially since this tractor had been part of his life already for 14 years, and this was the second time.

I had hoped he had learned his lesson the first time, but apparently not, despite my best hopes. So this time, with making him do all the manual preparation to get ready to split this tractor, plus the many nights we will be working on it this time, will hopefully prove the point, and it will last many more years. Least that is my hope, that it will be around for him to use when I am gone.

/ MF232 mount and spacers? #13  
Sorry to harp, but I just hate to see equip. get beat for no reason. Work is one thing, carelessness is another. Maybe I'm a little **** about it. Just got my suv back from an oil change and winter check. The Mechanic said my brakes still have about 70% lining left when most people would be well into their second set. Light hands I guess but you wouldn't guess it looking at me. lol Good luck

Thought I would post an update to this older thread, because it's taken this long to get the MF 250 repaired for the second time.
Thanks to a great neighbor with a shop with a flat concrete floor, the MF 250 that belonged to my father came home this past Sunday, after being wrenched on frantically for little over a week, installing a new transmission housing I sourced from Mid-South Salvage in Alabama in 2014. Because this tractor had low hours, we swapped the internals to the replacement case, which was not as terrible, with a e-Bay sourced Factory manual and deliberate layout of the parts as it was disassembled.

With all the work that goes into splitting a tractor this much, besides a decent cleaning, we changed fuel filters, engine oil and filter, hydraulic filter, and shift boots. I still have to rebuild the steering cylinders, and flush the hydraulics on the 232 loader somehow. Ordered the bolts to re-attach the mounting kit tonight. With some luck, I can source some paint and decals, and return this tractor to how it looked when my father was still alive. It was sobering doing this much work on a tractor with barely 1500 hours on it.

Here's hoping that before the 2 year "anniversary" of this post, the tractor and FEL will be in use once more, and there will not be a third time.

/ MF232 mount and spacers? #15  
Sorry to hear about your Dad. You could tell he wanted the best for you.
Take good care of that tractor and someday you will be able to had it down to your son.

Thought I would post an update to this older thread, because it's taken this long to get the MF 250 repaired for the second time.
Thanks to a great neighbor with a shop with a flat concrete floor, the MF 250 that belonged to my father came home this past Sunday, after being wrenched on frantically for little over a week, installing a new transmission housing I sourced from Mid-South Salvage in Alabama in 2014. Because this tractor had low hours, we swapped the internals to the replacement case, which was not as terrible, with a e-Bay sourced Factory manual and deliberate layout of the parts as it was disassembled.

With all the work that goes into splitting a tractor this much, besides a decent cleaning, we changed fuel filters, engine oil and filter, hydraulic filter, and shift boots. I still have to rebuild the steering cylinders, and flush the hydraulics on the 232 loader somehow. Ordered the bolts to re-attach the mounting kit tonight. With some luck, I can source some paint and decals, and return this tractor to how it looked when my father was still alive. It was sobering doing this much work on a tractor with barely 1500 hours on it.

Here's hoping that before the 2 year "anniversary" of this post, the tractor and FEL will be in use once more, and there will not be a third time.

Well, it took a year, but the 232 is mounted back on the 250, and got put right to work today. As those know that have them, once you have a FEL, it's hard to imagine doing work without one.

In my case, I looked at my place today, and all the work that has piled up without the FEL, and for the first time in a couple of years, said to myself, "I got this.".