Loader MF34 FEL control valve issue

/ MF34 FEL control valve issue #1  

Junkyard Jim

Tractor
MF TO35, MF 30B
I recently acquired a MF 30B with the MF 34 loader and MF 54 backhoe. The loader control valve is the single handle unit. While using it, the bottom blew out of the detente portion of the control valve. By the time I noticed it, I had moved around a bit so not sure what all pieces fell out, but I found a spring and the ball bearing piece. I did not find any ball bearings. It looks like someone had an issue with this part of the valve before, because there was a rubber plug of the kind you screw the nut in to tighten it in the tube instead of the threaded plug that goes in there to adjust tension on the spring.

I will say the loader went up and down fine and curled and dumped fine. I think the problem showed up because I tried to use the float which pushed on the dentente part and may have allowed fluid pressure to get to that plug and blew it out. I'm not sure if fluid pressure blew it out or spring pressure pushed it out. I did manage to get the plug back in there without the spring and bearing cup and get it loaded to get it home.

Can anyone tell me if there are parts available for this part of the control valve??? Also, if parts can't be had, can I just block off the tube so the "plug" won't come out and just use it without having the ability to float??? Will leaving the guts out of it and plugging it off cause it to do anything undesirable? ie: cause it to raise or lower uncontrollably or something like that???

I was thinking of welding a plug in the bottom of the tube. I may be able to get the spring and bearing cup back in there if it needs to be in there before I seal it up.

I apreciate any and all advice. I will try and clarify the situation if it didn't make sense. I can't check this site all day but will get back as soon as possible. I did a search for this but couldn't find anything. If you know of a thread, let me know the search words to use and I'll try it.

thanks,
Jim

/ MF34 FEL control valve issue #2  
The spring and ball bearing is used to lock the valve in float position so you don't have to hold the control arm all the time. i.e. pushing snow.
The parts should be available from the dealer or Messick's or other online suppliers. The float lock is a handy feature.

/ MF34 FEL control valve issue
I would definately rather have it working but I haven't been able to find the parts online yet. My local Hydraulic shop couldn't find them either. I searched Messicks and no luck. I will try and attach the exploded view I found of the control valve.

thanks