MF35 bleeding from weep hole

/ MF35 bleeding from weep hole #1  

twosocks90

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF35 Utility (gas)
I have an MF35 Utility with the Continental gas engine. The transmission is a 3-speed with a separate high/low lever and shuttle shift for Forward/Reverse on the steering column. Recently I use High range while moving hay from a neighbors property. Since then there's a steady drip of oil from the weep hole and the oil in the rear end is down quite a bit.

The service manual I have only describes a 3-speed forward/2-speed reverse transmission and the Multipower transmission. Was there a different type on the Utility models that's not listed, or does my manual simply stink? :confused2:

I'm tempted to just tear into it and see what I can see. Do I need special tools or a manual or should I just go for it?

/ MF35 bleeding from weep hole #2  
It sounds like the input shaft seals are gone. The shuttle shift works off the input shaft inside the transmission, but you shouldn't have to get into that part of it. A couple of seals, and probably a new clutch since it the may have been contaminated with oil. While you are in there it wouldn't hurt to take the flywheel off, and replace the rear main seal on the engine. You shouldn't need any special tools unless you have to take the clutch off, there is a line up tool for the clutch plates, but it's not that expensive. Should you need a new clutch you can buy a clutch kit that comes with the line up tool.

/ MF35 bleeding from weep hole #3  
Get the shop and parts manuals from Agco.

If this is the first time you've split a tractor, it might be helpful to check out a few YouTube videos to get some helpful hints on how to support the two halves and separate them.

/ MF35 bleeding from weep hole #4  
Get the shop and parts manuals from Agco.

If this is the first time you've split a tractor, it might be helpful to check out a few YouTube videos to get some helpful hints on how to support the two halves and separate them.

X2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

/ MF35 bleeding from weep hole #5  
Get the shop and parts manuals from Agco. If this is the first time you've split a tractor, it might be helpful to check out a few YouTube videos to get some helpful hints on how to support the two halves and separate them.
X3. :)

Sent via Ipad2

/ MF35 bleeding from weep hole #6  
I agree with the previous posts and would only add that you consider replacing the clutch throwout bearing while you are in there. Also I use 3"-4" bolts with the heads removed and the shoulders beveled as locating dowels to aid in alignment when re-assembling the engine to the transmission. Be careful & good luck.