MF40b O-ring keeps failing

/ MF40b O-ring keeps failing #1  

AlanSun

Tractor
MF40b
I have a 1970s MF40b still mostly going strong, but have a recurring problem with the o-ring on the output flange of the Dowty hydraulic pump. This splits every few weeks and costs me a flood of oil every time. Is this problem familiar to anyone else? Solution? Thanks for any help.

/ MF40b O-ring keeps failing #2  
ive just had a similar exp on a NH tractor blowing oring and come to find out there is a plastic seal that goes around the outside of the oring the supposed to fix it . Go to your dealer and have them pull the schematics and if it doesn't require any seal get a high quality Oring

/ MF40b O-ring keeps failing
ive just had a similar exp on a NH tractor blowing oring and come to find out there is a plastic seal that goes around the outside of the oring the supposed to fix it . Go to your dealer and have them pull the schematics and if it doesn't require any seal get a high quality Oring

Thanks for the suggestion but there's only space for a standard o-ring.

/ MF40b O-ring keeps failing #5  
tmp_29790-IMG_20170921_1223072781457527718.jpg as you can see the seal is thin I'm not sure what ur dealing with but I never TG thought that this little plastic ring would be effective but so far no blown oring

/ MF40b O-ring keeps failing
2016-05-11%2015.48.24.jpg
That looks possible, thank you! See attached photo of where it has to go. I'll go back to the dealers and see if he can find something similar.

/ MF40b O-ring keeps failing #7  
That flange looks like what I was dealing with.

/ MF40b O-ring keeps failing #8  
I have a 1970s MF40b still mostly going strong, but have a recurring problem with the o-ring on the output flange of the Dowty hydraulic pump. This splits every few weeks and costs me a flood of oil every time. Is this problem familiar to anyone else? Solution? Thanks for any help.

Is their an information label on the Dowty pump that you could post?

Dave M7040

/ MF40b O-ring keeps failing #9  
Och Alan, away wi' ye...
(Just kidding!)

Welcome to the forum.

As Dave asks - do you have any 'numbers'?

Also - Are you buying replacement O-rings from your dealer as specific OEM Part Numbered items, or is he supplying a 'generic' o-ring from the 'Assortment' box?

Sometimes the generic items are often 'near enough' but not 'good enough'.