MH-50 pressure plate problem

/ MH-50 pressure plate problem #1  

Fahmahdave

Tractor
Massey Harris 50, JD 318, Case Ingersoll 4016, Case 446
I've got a 1956 MH-50 that I bought off the family of the original owner along with ALL the maintenance records from day one. This has been an excellent workhorse that has become a part of the family over the past 15 years. The clutch disk was replaced back in 1980, but the pressure plate is original. Anyway, the clutch decided it didn't want to release one day last winter when I was plowing. When I pulled off the inspection cover for the clutch, I could see that all three of the "fingers" on the pressure plate had cracked and two of them had pulled off of the ball head bolts that attach them and allow them to pivot. I really don't want to split the tractor because of the FEL sub frame that ties all the components together. I managed to get the parts out, and am certain I can get them back in, IF I can find them.
So that is the question. Where can I find these parts today? My parts manual lists all of the parts individually, so I assume they were available at one time. I'll attach some pictures. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance! 20150503 009.JPG20150503 004.JPG003.JPG007.JPG013.JPG015.JPG

/ MH-50 pressure plate problem #2  
If you parts book has the part numbers, do a search on a good search engine such as Google. I came up with this part number for the lever on a single disc clutch, 180251M2. Did a search, and got a hit on Tractorhousee to this company. http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/PartsSearch.aspx?PartNum=180251M2. Do the same with the other parts, and see what you get.

AGCOPartsBooks shows several styles of clutches used in the 50. Ag., Industrial, and a dual disc clutch.

I did a search for the bolt also,and the same vendor has some of those, but not sure it is what you have. Any time your looking for parts, use the part number. And I have had the best solid hits using Google.

Hope this helps..!!

/ MH-50 pressure plate problem
I don't know why I never thought to try the part number in a search. I will try it tonight though. Thank you DJ54!

/ MH-50 pressure plate problem #4  
AGCO dealers more then likely have them. You can always comparison shop, once you get some prices online.

Thanks again DJ54. Tractor house has most of the parts listed, but with no prices. Are they typically fairly priced, or do they grab you by the short ones? Either way, I'll try AGCO during the daytime. I'll let you know how I make out.

/ MH-50 pressure plate problem #6  
Here is the part number for the whole clutch 182463M93. I kind of doubt you will be able to find just the individual parts.
A-182463M93, Massey Ferguson, Pressure Plate: 11" Cheapest I found it.

From the AGCO parts book.
182463M93 (1) Clutch

individual parts
1753750M1 (3) Lever, Clutch Release
181125M1 (3) Clip
181121M1 (3) Bolt, Lever Adjusting
181119M1 (3) Pin, Lever, Pivot (5/16 x 2-1/2")
195479M1 (3) Pin (1/8 x 5/8" Spring)

/ MH-50 pressure plate problem #7  
Thanks again DJ54. Tractor house has most of the parts listed, but with no prices. Are they typically fairly priced, or do they grab you by the short ones? Either way, I'll try AGCO during the daytime. I'll let you know how I make out.

Just so you know, TractorHouse: http://www.tractorhouse.com/ is a site that is a central search point for many vendors/dealers listings. From new/used machinery, tractors, to lists of salvaged tractors at various yards, and parts dealers have on hand. You can even post a want to buy ad for hard to find parts. I've used this several times, and have been well satisfied with the used parts I received at a decent price.

Some dealers may post a price, but you need to go to their specific site. Other's, you'll just need to call for the price.

And again, I've found the key to searching for parts for older equipment parts, is using the specific part number. As most dealers/salvage yards use that to catalog their parts for sale. That way, you get the exact part you need.

DJ54, thanks again. I got a call from one of the Tractor House vendors who is confirming that all parts are actually available and getting the prices.

Thanks Kenneth S. At the suggestion of DJ54, I put a search into Tractor House and got a call from a vendor this morning. They say they've got all the parts and now I'm just waiting for prices.

Through TractorHouse.com I was contacted by Howard's Inc out of Mount Hope Kansas. They had my parts and shipped them out that day. They were all the correct parts and the price was right (about a quarter of the price of a replacement clutch kit). Service was excellent, and it was nice to speak to the current (third generation) of Howard to run the business since they opened in 1909. Thanks also to Kenneth S and DJ54 for your help.