Mice got me!

/ Mice got me! #51  
This is what I use to kill ( drown ) rats in the chicken pen. 5gl bucket half full of water and about 1/4" of black oil sunflower seeds and a ramp with 2 screws to keep in place. I change out the water every couple of days, very effective!🇺🇦☮️✌🏻
8F155BCD-E261-4C13-8D34-C6A3871345BE.jpeg

/ Mice got me! #52  
So, my trusty 2015 T4.95 developed a fuel leak on top of the engine. That is covered by the exhaust system. Well, took to my dealer and they took it all apart. Mice built a nest and chewed through the fuel return line. Ugh. Probably the "best" case scenario but still requires several hours of service time to remove parts to get at it and then another several to replace / put back together. I bet the mice will cost me $1500....
They used to love under the hood of my Ford 1500 and in the battery compartment of my dump trailer. Moth balls worked, put a bunch in a mason jar and punched some holes in the lid, they never screwed with my stuff again LOL.

/ Mice got me! #53  
A lot of car guys use laundry Drier Sheets inside to keep mice away. Moth Balls work if you can still buy them.

/ Mice got me! #54  
Here’s the LX255 that I bought for $100 because the previous owner couldn’t get it to start or run. No kidding. I cleaned an unbelievable amount of mouse nests out and fixed chewed wires to get it up and running again. They were in the air intake and on top of, on the side of and under the motor. If he had taken it to a dealer I doubt that they would even have taken it in on trade. What a mess.

Attachments

• 8B47738E-38AD-44A1-8820-DCD42C53B726.jpeg
    8B47738E-38AD-44A1-8820-DCD42C53B726.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 118
  • D5DB8BC9-9E7F-46B1-B3D2-0AA4EDBCF660.jpeg
    D5DB8BC9-9E7F-46B1-B3D2-0AA4EDBCF660.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 119
  • B702130D-97D1-4DB9-B5D3-8C47883F9E19.jpeg
    B702130D-97D1-4DB9-B5D3-8C47883F9E19.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 112
   / Mice got me! #55  
So, my trusty 2015 T4.95 developed a fuel leak on top of the engine. That is covered by the exhaust system. Well, took to my dealer and they took it all apart. Mice built a nest and chewed through the fuel return line. Ugh. Probably the "best" case scenario but still requires several hours of service time to remove parts to get at it and then another several to replace / put back together. I bet the mice will cost me $1500....
My '98 New Holland HST had sat for a while then started hemorraging Hydraulic fluid when put back in service. While idle the mice got in the main housing and built a nest on top of the drive pump input shaft. The NH dealer was able to sleeve the corroded shaft and reseal it rather than a rebuild but 5K down the drain, half the value of the machine. I use Kingman rat glue traps from amazon at each wheel on every thing that rolls now. Mcdust

/ Mice got me! #56  
A lot of car guys use laundry Drier Sheets inside to keep mice away. Moth Balls work if you can still buy them.
Lol I used them wish I had a picture cocky btards crapped all over them. Didn't work for me anyway.

/ Mice got me! #57  
   / Mice got me! #58  
In Australia it’s more the crocodiles hiding under my tractor which is the problem. Excuse the Aussie humour.

I found that every winter all the mice rip into the farm shed, set up camp and have a go at anything, so I set up various baits around the tractor, mowers and chewable stuff every few weeks.

My next dream is a hermetically sealed wonder shed with appropriate gentleman’s retreat and bar,

/ Mice got me! #59  
Most Shipping containers are pretty rodent resistant.

/ Mice got me! #60  
January 2019 (a month before starting prostate treatment 90 miles away) I went to plow snow with the ol' Ford 5600. Cranked once, made pop, smoke from the hood. Opened the hood, said "****, tractor's on fire", blanked about the extinguisher in the barn, ran to the garage for the older one. Put out the fire before it burned the whole tractor. Mice chewed fuel line and wires. Current ignited fuel, and fire on top of the engine! Order custom built harness while I was in Boston.