Mid Mount PTO Pump ...

/ Mid Mount PTO Pump ... #11  
schmism said:
id stick to a smaller 5K unit that i could run at significnatly less tractor rpm as the mid pto spins faster....

That's exactly what I was thinking. Actually around 2-3Kw. Basically a mobile power source to run most powertools. The mechanical advantage I'm hoping for is that if the mid PTO runs at 1800 RPM (while the engine is running at lower RPM) then it's a direct coupline from the pto to the gen head. No gears, belts or pulleys.

/ Mid Mount PTO Pump ... #12  
I'm not sure about your tractor, but my mid-pto won't run without an operator (or a bag of feed) in the operator's seat. Safety and all that...

/ Mid Mount PTO Pump ... #13  
Wesbo said:
I'm not sure about your tractor, but my mid-pto won't run without an operator (or a bag of feed) in the operator's seat. Safety and all that...

depends on tractor.... my 2001 TC33 came from the factory with no seat interupt. meaning i can get off or stand up with the mower deck/pto on.

/ Mid Mount PTO Pump ... #14  
srjones said:
That's exactly what I was thinking. Actually around 2-3Kw. Basically a mobile power source to run most powertools. The mechanical advantage I'm hoping for is that if the mid PTO runs at 1800 RPM (while the engine is running at lower RPM) then it's a direct coupline from the pto to the gen head. No gears, belts or pulleys.

that wont cut it... as a gen head will need ~3600 rpm for 60hz output. (technically a gen head can be built diffrent but i think its rare) even a 1800rpm genny uses a doubler i think.... even if they dont youll need a gen head built for an 1800 rpm motor... and those are likely to be expensive rare beasts....

but a 2:1 90deg gear box is easy to come by. and a 2-3K gen head should be small enough that you could mount it transverse underneath...

/ Mid Mount PTO Pump ...
Wesbo said:

Wesbo ... I bet if you engage the PTO .. get off of the seat and then fold the seat forward, you will not lose the PTO .... Thats how the Kubotas function anyway ...

It is a safety feature, but the design DOES allow for PTO operation when the seat is empty. Certain PTO implements would make no sense if the seat needed to be occupied ... like a PTO generator, or a Log Splitter with a PTO pump, etc.

/ Mid Mount PTO Pump ... #16  
schmism said:
that wont cut it... as a gen head will need ~3600 rpm for 60hz output. (technically a gen head can be built diffrent but i think its rare) even a 1800rpm genny uses a doubler i think.... even if they dont youll need a gen head built for an 1800 rpm motor... and those are likely to be expensive rare beasts....

but a 2:1 90deg gear box is easy to come by. and a 2-3K gen head should be small enough that you could mount it transverse underneath...

I have to respectfully disagree with you. :) 1800 RPM generator heads are far from rare. If you search for the following terms "generator 1800 RPM" you're going to find quite a few entries. Look specifically at the "ST generator head" I'm really no expert, but I think it's because these generators have 4 poles, and the 3600 RPM ones have 2 poles.

But you make a very good point. I'm more likely to find the size I want from a burned out portable generator. The 1800 RPM generators are much bigger and heavier and probably wouldn't even fit :D

/ Mid Mount PTO Pump ... #17  
Did any of you guys ever come up w/ "anything" utilizing the MMM PTO
shaft, be it a generator, pump, or blender:D. Seriously though, what
a waste, I need to find a way to utilize that thing...

/ Mid Mount PTO Pump ... #18  
Did any of you guys ever come up w/ "anything" utilizing the MMM PTO
shaft, be it a generator, pump, or blender:D. Seriously though, what
a waste, I need to find a way to utilize that thing...

install MMM :D:laughing:. oh you were serious:ashamed:? ok - not sure if you can find a light load implement that requires 2000 rpms or higher pto off that mid mount pto.

/ Mid Mount PTO Pump ... #19  
I am thinking by way of hanging a pump under there and using the pump to
power perhaps an auger, not looking for 2500RPM sickle bar ! :laughing: Heck
a generator, an air compressor would be cool too! It's a big nothing
for me, I want to start looking for a way to work it.

/ Mid Mount PTO Pump ... #20  
I am thinking by way of hanging a pump under there and using the pump to
power perhaps an auger, not looking for 2500RPM sickle bar ! :laughing: Heck
a generator, an air compressor would be cool too! It's a big nothing
for me, I want to start looking for a way to work it.

There was someone who had a Kubota GR2000 with a 24v alternator that he used to run his cab heater. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/161314-smallest-4-wheel-drive-bota-3.html

Aaron Z