Mid-Tennessee Timber (walnut) buyers?

/ Mid-Tennessee Timber (walnut) buyers? #11  
Dunno if this will help but I'm over in Knoxville (Greenback). My father in law has a 250 acre farm here that we live on.

The farm is (guess) about 50/50 fields/woods. Several years ago he had it timbered. As I recall, he got about $120,000 for the timber. They "selectively cut" but they really hashed up those which they left behind and otherwise, made a big mess.

In my opinion, the forrester who was SUPPOSED to "oversee" the loggers dropped the ball because HE had his money on the FIRST day and as such, had no real incentive to keep a birds eye on them.

I ended up being the thorn in their side (getting them to pick up their trash, taking their flat skidder tire that they threw on a slash pile instead of disposing of it properly)

They ended up not liking ME at all because I was watching out for my FIL's best interest and not letting them run roughshod all over the place like they wanted to.

Back to the basic point, if the farm is roughly 50% woods that would be about 125 acres. So they got about $1,000 per acre and we had a mix of hardwoods AND pines.

(fortunately, they signed the contract & paid the cash just before the pine beetle killed 20% of the pines)