Middle Buster for Trenching

/ Middle Buster for Trenching #1  

LukeDuke30

Bronze Member
Tractor
2016 Massey 1734e
My father-in-law just completed their house build, so that means finish grading, trench digging, and some good seat time up ahead. I used a middle buster to dig drainage trenches for the gutter downspouts. What and easy and effortless way to dig a trench. Once I hit heavy clay, I ended up adding some weight, but at the end of the day I was able to get down about 10''. I will be using 4'' PVC, running it out about 20' away from the house. The great part is the tractor/middle buster follow the contour and natural slope. If anyone is looking at this as an alternative to renting a trencher, or breaking their back I would highly recommend it! I bought a King Cutter version from Rural King. It handled it well.

IMG_6439.JPG

Last edited:
   / Middle Buster for Trenching #2  
You DID save some sore muscles and a twisted back. I think you got down ten inches with the middle buster - not ten feet.

/ Middle Buster for Trenching
Yes, inches would be a little more accurate!

/ Middle Buster for Trenching #4  
You DID save some sore muscles and a twisted back. I think you got down ten inches with the middle buster - not ten feet.

Ok Im confused now, of course thats my normal state of mind these days. Where did the 10 feet come from.

/ Middle Buster for Trenching
I edited the post - originally it said 10' deep.

/ Middle Buster for Trenching #7  
I used a MB for any line I needed to bury including electrical and plumbing. I realize that 10" isn't all that deep but I don't have frost problems and do my own work. Having made a plat of my buried lines I know where they are if I need to do any digging in the future.

Covering back up was easily done with a 3 pt blade set to about 45* and a return trip with a tractor tire on top of the dirt mound.