Middlebuster Vs. Subsoiler

/ Middlebuster Vs. Subsoiler #11  
The points are interchangeable on these as well.

I don't think you can just change the blade tips. I have the same king kutter middle buster and did order a sub-soil blade tip but it does not fit correctly. You can only use one bolt and the blade is to long. You can even see this on your pictures that it will not fit. I'm still going to use it with the one bolt and hope I don't shear it off and loose the tip.
Frank

/ Middlebuster Vs. Subsoiler #12  
I did the same thing but use the blade with the one bolt. So far no problems.
Farwell

/ Middlebuster Vs. Subsoiler
Here's the picture of the middlebuster and the extra chisel point that I got for it. It did fit but I'm going to switch it out for a subsoiler this week.

toothbar_middlebuster.jpg

/ Middlebuster Vs. Subsoiler #14  
I didn't measure it but I leaned it up against the rear wheel of my Century to kind of give you an idea of the size. It is a hard chunk of metal to lug around, not sure of the weight either. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 875393-march 073 (480 x 360).jpg
    875393-march 073 (480 x 360).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 350
   / Middlebuster Vs. Subsoiler #15  
This pic might be a little better.

Attachments

• 875394-march 072 (480 x 360).jpg
    875394-march 072 (480 x 360).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 357
   / Middlebuster Vs. Subsoiler #16  
npaden
I haven't tried the chisel point. I will pick one up next time I am at tractor supply and give it a try.
Farwell

/ Middlebuster Vs. Subsoiler
That chisel point was $9 if I remember right. It looks like it would do some serious digging.

/ Middlebuster Vs. Subsoiler #18  
Just my recent experience - I bought 1 each of the middlebuster and the subsoiler from TSC, the King Kutters. I used the subsoiler on my Mahindra to break-up chert rock mixed with clay so I could get it out with my loader & boxblade. It is pretty dang tough - I ran it buried as far as it would go and when I hit a big rock it would stop the tractor momentarily - I stayed in a very low gear and constantly worked the depth with my hitch - it worked fantastic for me. Having the hydraulic toplink made a big difference - angle is very critical when using this tool, I found. I haven't used the middle buster yet, that was for the garden that won't happen this year - still building my house. The subsoiler shank is longer than the middle buster and the angle of the foot is also different - the blades will not interchange easily. I couldn't believe that I didn't bend the blade on the subsoiler - it's still straight as new after probably 3 or 4 hours of some rough digging in the rocks. I don't really see a need for shear bolt protection if you go slow & pay attention.