Might have made a mistake

/ Might have made a mistake #31  
   / Might have made a mistake
Thanks James,

Look at post #13, my neighbor let me use his rock bucket but it was to hard to control in a tractor. Skid steer would be better but I don't have one.

Most of the big rocks are out of the field. It's the grapefruit sized one's and smaller that I'm getting or will be getting this fall. Maybe even a few the size of a nerf football too. :laughing:

/ Might have made a mistake
Sorry James I just looked at the link you posted....that might be a good investment.

/ Might have made a mistake #34  
Sorry James I just looked at the link you posted....that might be a good investment.

Well, they want way more for one than they should be asking, but they are a big help, and will save your back for rocks grapefruit size and down. The amount of rocks you can pick up in an hour will at least double or even triple, and while it takes some upper arm strength to operate it is so much easier on your back. It gives you more reach to toss them in the tractor bucket too, you don't have to take as many steps. I made one out of a right angle tined hoe I found at Lowes, but it is not as large nor purpose built like a good built for purpose "stone fork". But even it is better than bending over and picking up rocks.

/ Might have made a mistake #36  
I've never seen one of these before. It would be awesome for picking rocks!

Well, it is still a "handle tool", and you need some strength to wield it all day, but it is a heck of a lot better than stooping to pick up each and every rock. It seems they are hard to find and kinda expensive, but sometimes "grandpa's" tools really did work and were really labor saving devices.