Mile Marker Winch Setup

/ Mile Marker Winch Setup #11  
I spent some time looking for a picture of a tow trailer I saw somewhere in the states. It looked like a towing company used gooseneck/5th wheel trailers for accident recovery. They had a gas engine powersupply and hydraulic winch along with a high mounted amber lightbar.

I also found this link to an old thread regarding electric winch capabilities...

Im still trying to figure out what winch I need [Archive] - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

and

Proper Equipment & Safe Tie-Down Practices - Off Road Magazine

and from here on this site:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...n/115785-trailer-winch-setup.html#post1333454

Last edited:
   / Mile Marker Winch Setup #12  
Willl said:
Would he not have to run hoses from the front of the truck, all the way back to the front of the trailer ?

Do you know of anybody with this kind of set up ?. If so, got pics ?

Hoses or wire, not much difference as I see it. The Mile Maker winches can be purchase with a hose kit and fitting for any truck. Search their site and you will see them.

/ Mile Marker Winch Setup #13  
Deerlope said:
Search their site and you will see them.
I did and was surprised as to how far this 'stealing from the steering pump' has gone. They make it look quite simple.

Their smallest hydraulic is at 9000 lb which would be way over kill for my app, maybe OK for others.