Military Polaris UTV

/ Military Polaris UTV #1  

hunterridgefarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277
In my January issue of Compact Equipment they had an artical on a Military Polaris. Go to the link below and click on "News" to read about it.

Compact Equipment Magazine.

I attached the picture for your viewing pleasure. Looks like one BAD machine!!

Attachments

• 01-08-news-polaris.jpg
    01-08-news-polaris.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,161
   / Military Polaris UTV #2  
i seen them on the websight when i was doing a search.i wonder how far a i.e.d will launch that thing into the air?oh by the way that wasn't a joke i was seriuos because when them hum-vees get hit they fly 20feet into the air.them guys need all the protection they can get and i don't know if i wanna be ridin without doors but then again they probably got it hopped up to do 60mph. it's a polaris built as tough as an hpx.lol

them seats look nice and comfy. and the bed must weigh a ton but i bet it gets the job done. start lookin for them on ebay ina few months

/ Military Polaris UTV #3  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
i seen them on the websight when i was doing a search.i wonder how far a i.e.d will launch that thing into the air?oh by the way that wasn't a joke i was seriuos because when them hum-vees get hit they fly 20feet into the air.them guys need all the protection they can get and i don't know if i wanna be ridin without doors but then again they probably got it hopped up to do 60mph. it's a polaris built as tough as an hpx.lol

them seats look nice and comfy. and the bed must weigh a ton but i bet it gets the job done. start lookin for them on ebay ina few months

When I first saw these a while back the only thing I could think they would be used for is running around on bases or possibly a small scouting vehicle for in the desert. I just wonder if they have the same possible belt problem as some guys have reported here? That would suck if you were trying to get away:(

/ Military Polaris UTV #4  
Robert_in_NY said:
When I first saw these a while back the only thing I could think they would be used for is running around on bases or possibly a small scouting vehicle for in the desert. I just wonder if they have the same possible belt problem as some guys have reported here? That would suck if you were trying to get away:(
With billions of $$$$, I would think the military could fix the belt problem and the 40 hp running on jp8 (similar to diesel) engine would have tons of torque, that thing should be a monster, would love to get hold of one of those.

/ Military Polaris UTV #6  
milkman said:
With billions of $$$$, I would think the military could fix the belt problem and the 40 hp running on jp8 (similar to diesel) engine would have tons of torque, that thing should be a monster, would love to get hold of one of those.

I would hope Polaris has the belts fixed but like anything it is going to take a few years before people know for sure.

/ Military Polaris UTV #8  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:

I doubt those things would ever see OTW, Outside the Wire. No one leaves a base in anything unless it is up-armored. The UTVs we had were strictly for on base use.

/ Military Polaris UTV #9  
i don't know about utv's but there are special op's units that use atv's and them deisel offroad dirtbikes i think they are made by kawasaki or one of them makers .i don't think they would use the utv's but on the other hand they would probably come in handy drop them from a cargo plane and they can carry all thier gear and get as close to where they have to get with it then hide it til they need it to get out . so i can see this thing being used in combat not by regular forces but by seals and other special units.