Military trailer turned into a dump trailer?

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #41  
Yes, I am completely aware of that and you pointed that out already in post #15 as it's also noted on many other sites. What I was trying to see in that experiment is what would the hurdles be and was it feasible to add a vertical lift (like the hi-lift, ram, etc) to change the forces from horizontal to vertical. Just because those bolts aren't in line with each other doesn't mean that they won't pivot down as shown. Also worth noting is that these bolts at the rear of the tongue are only going through a single wall of the tongue tube. I'm not trying to dump it in the manner where you leave it hooked to the tow rig and back up. I agree that is definitely not as intended and many others have shown that it results in damage at some point.

I was just looking for options on how to turn this trailer into a dump trailer and I think Chriser has the best approach.

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #42  
That is my dump trailer that i build and sell

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer?
P1300328.JPG

Well I ended up with the M105, they are big but I don't think it's too big. I have used it around the place for the last year off and on. I am going to start messing with trying to make it a dump trailer. I will post pictures as I make some progress.

Pulled off the bed this weekend and will start cleaning up the frame this week. There are lots of brackets that are no longer needed.

I have a 7k axle with new tires and rims that I am going to swap out for the old stuff. This will lower the bed way down and make it more user friendly.

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #45  
I love this trailers! they go for $650 in NC and the version here have the kinetic braking system. Which is great when pulling and not wishing to run down your vehicles brakes..

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #46  
Some pics of my dump m105 it's not perfect but works pretty decent. I've pulled it on the road a few times with my 3/4 ton but it's mostly for behind the tractor around the farm.

Attachments

• ubbthreads.jpeg
    ubbthreads.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 195
  • ubbthreads-1.jpeg
    ubbthreads-1.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 189
  • ubbthreads-2.jpeg
    ubbthreads-2.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 260
  • ubbthreads-3.jpeg
    ubbthreads-3.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 201
  • ubbthreads-4.jpeg
    ubbthreads-4.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 299
  • ubbthreads-5.jpeg
    ubbthreads-5.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 195
  • ubbthreads-6.jpeg
    ubbthreads-6.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 166
  • ubbthreads-7.jpeg
    ubbthreads-7.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 184
  • ubbthreads-8.jpeg
    ubbthreads-8.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 240
dcomp,

Thanks for the pictures. I have not been able to find a lot of these conversions with much detail. I like how you got the hitch lower when adding the lift.

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #48  
I actually removed the whole front trying to shave a little weight then built it back with 4" channel and reused the pintle part. The channel goes all the way to the front of the leaf springs to make the pivot it really doesn't dump high enough to get rid of everything like I wanted so I wish I had made the box dump instead like a traditional dump but thought I had a great idea at the time.

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #49  
I know a few farmers who raised a area of dirt they back up to..so when they do dump the rear is can go straight up and down.
only about a 2 ft high mound really.

Cleaned up the frame some tonight. Almost time to try and get the old axle out from under it.

Attachments

• image-3604052621.jpg
    image-3604052621.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 159
  • image-17709678.jpg
    image-17709678.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 118