Milk Weed problems

/ Milk Weed problems #11  
Google; Bromac Advanced
Its made by Loveland.
It has MCPA and Bromoxynil as active ingredients.
Wipes out milkweed and other hardy weeds in hay forage fields.

/ Milk Weed problems #12  
Just point out where the milkweed grows to the natural foods people.
They love harvesting the shoots while they're less than 3 inches tall to cook just like asparagus.

/ Milk Weed problems
Just point out where the milkweed grows to the natural foods people.
They love harvesting the shoots while they're less than 3 inches tall to cook just like asparagus.

What I have in some areas would make many a side dish

/ Milk Weed problems #14  
That's a rather interesting thought.

Does anyone on this forum actually RAISE milkweed as a human consumption health food vegetable for sale?

/ Milk Weed problems #15  
I've used Diacamba with very good results on difficult broad-leaf weeds like milkweed. Also works well on hard to kill perennial weeds that spread by underground root systems - rhizomones - Queen Anne's lace.

Mowing Queen Anne's lace will not eliminate it. Aggressive mowing that weakens the beneficial perennials can allow the QAL to spread and dominate.

AKfish

/ Milk Weed problems #16  
If your county has a weed agent and weed program give them a call, especially about your neighbors. Another place to check is you local State agg service. I got the best advice from my local COOP. The sold me something labeled spectracide - it was a fortified 2-4-D product. Worked very well. But be careful 2-4-D will also take out clover and alpha.

/ Milk Weed problems #17  
You can send them to me, if you can get them up with their tap root entire.

Bushhogging them before they go to seed is the safest.

Would not advise using any kind of herbicide, particularly 2 or 3 that have been advocated by the inventors to give you beautiful pastures. You'll never be able to sell your hay or straw or manure because word will get around that gardeners cannot use these products for their gardens because they kill their plantings.

We've had reports from clients (at the extension office helpline) who've had kills of vegetation from toxic straw bales and manure. Some herbicides can last a long time.

Ralph

/ Milk Weed problems #18  
Harvest them before they get 3 inches tall and sell them to the organic markets. They're edible like asparagus or spinach at that stage.

/ Milk Weed problems #19  
Hello all, just looking for info regarding controlling or eradicating Milk Weed, we have multiple problem areas in our fields that need attention. Any suggestions or experience in killing it off.

Other problematic weeds we have are Dock Weed and Queen Ann's Lace.

You can send me the seed pods. I eradicated a patch down below along the creek by bringing seed pods from them up to an area where I turned lawn into milkweed patch. Also dug up little one less than 3 to 6 inches high. Got to get them before they send the tap root down. Otherwise, they don't transplant too well.

Want to establish a patch? Don't even need to clear the grass. Just keep supplying some seeds or transplant some little ones. The patch down below took place in some very thick fescue. Up here, I killed the fescue first and then put down newspaper and finally mulch.

Ralph