Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one?

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #11  
These were on sale at a local store with a free stand thrown in. I thought the sale was till end of March, but I went back last Saturday to buy it and was told the sale was over end of Feb!
I passed, and now wait for another sale some day. Or it gives me time to watch buy and sell sites for something used.

I got a mm215 not too long ago.its a nice welder. I am selling mine. I want something like a gen/welder like a Lincoln ranger8.
It only got about 1 he in stick welding. The rest is untouched.. pm me if you are interested.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #12  
I got a mm215 not too long ago.its a nice welder. I am selling mine. I want something like a gen/welder like a Lincoln ranger8.
It only got about 1 he in stick welding. The rest is untouched.. pm me if you are interested.

Where are you located and how much are you asking for it?

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #13  
You can also keep an eye out on Miller's and Lincoln's web sites as occasionally they have good sales- sometimes exclusive to their web sites and sometimes general rebates for units purchased at any approved site. I purchased my Miller 211MVP from a dealer and received ~ $300 - $400 rebate from Miller. When I was looking for a plasma cutter Lincoln had a web site sale on their Tomahawk 625 or ~ $1400 - $1500.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #14  
I think with the Esab Rebel and Lincoln Power Mig 210MP coming out, Miller had to come out with a new machine to compete but $1700 seems a bit much to me. I'd price out a few different machines and see the difference in price before being set on a specific one.

I tell you what: it is pretty cool to have a welder than can effectively do everything but plasma cut on a 20 amp 220 plug anywhere, anytime. Trouble I have with my Miller multiprocess is that is is PITA to carry all the cords and junk required to "make work" of multiprocess at all times without a box. MIG requirers 25/75 Co2/argon while aluminum requires a separate tank of 100% argon. Fine. Except all the supplies. I'm starting to think about welding like I do repairs:

Instead of one epically huge tool box that has everything, I have tool carts for every type of job. Ideally I would have an off-road box with a 6500 genset generator and my welder on one trailer but everything would be modular so it could be "hauled off with" in the field.

For those who weld way more than I do, what do you think?

(Prefaced on the idea that I've never had a proper shop or tool trucks, but wish I had.)

Just today I was filling in on my blower's chute in less than ideal conditions.

17757188_10209067019932178_1773282860862619862_n.jpg

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #15  
I tell you what: it is pretty cool to have a welder than can effectively do everything but plasma cut on a 20 amp 220 plug anywhere, anytime. Trouble I have with my Miller multiprocess is that is is PITA to carry all the cords and junk required to "make work" of multiprocess at all times without a box. MIG requirers 25/75 Co2/argon while aluminum requires a separate tank of 100% argon. Fine. Except all the supplies. I'm starting to think about welding like I do repairs:

Instead of one epically huge tool box that has everything, I have tool carts for every type of job. Ideally I would have an off-road box with a 6500 genset generator and my welder on one trailer but everything would be modular so it could be "hauled off with" in the field.

(Prefaced on the idea that I've never had a proper shop or tool trucks, but wish I had.)

Eric, I definitely see where you are coming from here.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #16  

I'm not sure it makes much sense to go to the trouble of setting up a trailer with gas based welding equipment. Field work is almost always done with stick or MIG flux core. Gas is just a PITA outdoors so rarely used. A medium sized generator would be all that's necessary to get full practical use of the Miller multinatic in the field. Nice to have a small trailer to carry the generator but no real reason to carry argon or co2 tanks to the field. If you just use fluxcore and stick the multinatic is a compact self contained and easily portable unit.

Oxyfuel welding would be the only reason I can think of for regularly having gas cylinders outside.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #17  
I'm not sure it makes much sense to go to the trouble of setting up a trailer with gas based welding equipment. Field work is almost always done with stick or MIG flux core. Gas is just a PITA outdoors so rarely used. A medium sized generator would be all that's necessary to get full practical use of the Miller multinatic in the field. Nice to have a small trailer to carry the generator but no real reason to carry argon or co2 tanks to the field. If you just use fluxcore and stick the multinatic is a compact self contained and easily portable unit.

Oxyfuel welding would be the only reason I can think of for regularly having gas cylinders outside.

I need to bring my welder to different locations. Gas welding is done inside, or with no wind.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #18  
I need to bring my welder to different locations. Gas welding is done inside, or with no wind.

Is your welder a Miller Multimatic? I missed if you specified otherwise. The Multimatic is a suitcase welder. Very easy to transport complete as a single package for fluxcore and stick welding. Just add a source of electricity.