Miller Welder

/ Miller Welder #14  
I have a MillerMatic 210 and I'm happy with it. I'd like to get a spool gun so I can try welding aluminum.

I have a Jackson NexGen auto darkening helmet with the largest window available, and that too sure takes a lot of the frustration out of welding.

I remember learning on stick welders with flip up helmet windows in junior high school. I always had a heck of a time getting the weld going; but was good at getting the electrode stuck to the workpiece. What a pain!

/ Miller Welder #15  
bones1 said:
What would it take to weld 1 1/2 ?.:confused:

I had a one on one with my instructor and given the skill and right equipment you can weld anything.

The welding pro that welded the tank back together did it in many, many passes. and used 15 KM of wire.

Dan

/ Miller Welder #16  
mjncad said:
I have a MillerMatic 210 and I'm happy with it. I'd like to get a spool gun so I can try welding aluminum.

I have a Jackson NexGen auto darkening helmet with the largest window available, and that too sure takes a lot of the frustration out of welding.

I remember learning on stick welders with flip up helmet windows in junior high school. I always had a heck of a time getting the weld going; but was good at getting the electrode stuck to the workpiece. What a pain!

I weld aluminum at work with a Miller 175 without a spoolgun, I wouldn't suggest it. You have to keep the cable straight and given we are doing thinner that what is suggested.

A wider viewing area would be nice, but I have too much tunnel-vision on what i am welding.

/ Miller Welder #17  
I know that each have their preference on which mig is the best so I am not asking that. What I want to know is the hobart 210 mig welder a good quality welder. I beleive it was a hobart 210 ironman if Im not mistaken.

/ Miller Welder #18  
ive wondered about the internal diffrences between an hobart 210 and a MM 210.

Sence i work for ITW, i wonder if i could get an to an inside engineer at miller/hobart as they are also owned by ITW.

/ Miller Welder #19  
Hobart and Miller are owned by the same company. I asked around a few suppliers what is the difference between the Hobart and Miller given the same output amps. I was told the the wire feed wheels are different. Hobart uses some composite parts where Miller uses cast parts. Still Hobart is a good machine.

Dan

/ Miller Welder #20  
excelagator said:
Hobart and Miller are owned by the same company. I asked around a few suppliers what is the difference between the Hobart and Miller given the same output amps. I was told the the wire feed wheels are different. Hobart uses some composite parts where Miller uses cast parts. Still Hobart is a good machine.

Dan
Thanks.