Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256

/ Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256 #11  
That sounds like a deal, I think last time I looked they wanted around 2100 here, and that was probably about 2 or 3 years ago.

/ Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256 #12  
Update: the local Airgas had the Miller on sale for about $1750 (before tax). It's in my truck now.
So when are we going to get your review with pictures? :thumbsup:

/ Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256
Pictures, a day or two. Probably to include one of me using my front-end loader to get the 237 lb beast out of my Explorer. Review, it'll be a little while--I need to do some electrical work in the garage first.

Besides, my review wouldn't be worth much. I know which end of the gun to hold two times out of three; it's not like I have any informed opinion.

/ Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256 #14  
If you were a little bit closer I'd come over and give that puppy a test drive! I'd like to get my hands on one. I know a mechanic who has a 250, but he won't let me try it out to see if I would have trouble dialing it in:rolleyes:. I have yet to see a machine I can't dial in. I've taken quite a few welding tests where they cover the gauges on the welding machine with tape. First part of the test is to set the machine where you like it. Then the inspector clamps gauges on to the welding leads, if you're not with in manufacture specs for the wire, test over!:eek: Never even get a chance to weld!

/ Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256 #15  
Update: the local Airgas had the Miller on sale for about $1750 (before tax). It's in my truck now.

Great deal. You'd be almost $3000 here for that, at least 2500 IIRC..

/ Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256 #16  
Best of luck with it! Like shield arc said, its a little fussy with the fine tuning, but beings your the only one using it shouldnt be to bad. All in all I like the machine, and we also got the 30A spoolgun with ours which made life easier for me, im the only guy who tigs in my shop. Had to modify it already for the different gasses, the factory double bottle holder was only for the 80s. I got lucky finding the blue wheel, lol.

ForumRunner_20120725_165931.png

ForumRunner_20120725_170032.png

/ Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256 #17  
Both good units. Miller always Had a more coarse arc (Low Inductance) and Lincoln was always more soft. (Higher inductance, better for Stainless ) If left with only the 2 to choose from, *Lincoln for sure. Although I like the guy that bought the Thermal Arc 251..Tough unit and a cross between the two.

/ Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256 #18  
Best of luck with it! Like shield arc said, its a little fussy with the fine tuning, but beings your the only one using it shouldnt be to bad. All in all I like the machine, and we also got the 30A spoolgun with ours which made life easier for me, im the only guy who tigs in my shop. Had to modify it already for the different gasses, the factory double bottle holder was only for the 80s. I got lucky finding the blue wheel, lol.

That looks great, but for others that are looking, I have a 330 and a 122 sitting in the factory double setup.

/ Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256 #19  
Hard to believe the price. The best I have seen on a 252 was 2080 and I did get a quote from air gas. ( 2250 ) Can you give me the name of the dealer?

/ Millermatic 252 or Lincoln Power MIG 256 #20  

It is either used or a several year old model used as a demo. I checked with my local Airgas and they are 2300 on a new 252. They are built in Wisconsin less than 200 miles from me so freight isn't a huge factor. Their home office confirms they can't sell it this cheap. The 256 Lincoln has a 200 rebate which brings the price down to 2 grand. Miller has no rebate. I would sure like the name of the dealer you bought from because my dealer matches prices. If it is true I have a windfall coming back ... unless circumstances, ie used, demo, old stock, repo, are involved.
If you have an invoice or info I could save 450. plus some tax.. but 90 days is approaching quickly.