Millermatic 350P (first welds)

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #51  
Well, thanks to this old thread I am 4k poorer but can now pulse mig weld. Need to get it set up after delivery today

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #52  
Well, thanks to this old thread I am 4k poorer but can now pulse mig weld. Need to get it set up after delivery today
Yeah these forums have a tendency to make a guy spend money.:eek:
Looking forward to seeing your pictures:cool:. I've never run a 350P. I hear they're a fantastic machine.
I haven't played with pulse to much on steel. Little bit on aluminum tho.

Attachments

• -1.0.JPG
    -1.0.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 248
  • Flat fillet.JPG
    Flat fillet.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 227
  • corner joint clean.JPG
    corner joint clean.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 203
  • corner penetration.JPG
    corner penetration.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 184
   / Millermatic 350P (first welds) #53  
350P should be ok now. At one point not long ago they had a 100% failure rate. Great machine otherwise. The Lincoln V-Pro, 350MP and Thermal Arc Twin Pulse SP series are a better mousetrap although the SP is 2X the 350P price. All are modern technology Inverters but the Miller is not actually digital. It's analog with digital interface where the others mentioned have true digital micro processors. Do they all Pulse Weld? You bet they do.

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #54  
What is pulse welding ? Is that when I bump the trigger to keep from burning a hole on a poor joint ?

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #56  

I finally got mine going over the summer - and after doing just a little bit of welding with it, I have to say it was worth the money if it makes me a better welder. I have to get better at setting it correctly, but when I did it produced a really nice weld.

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #57  
I finally got mine going over the summer - and after doing just a little bit of welding with it, I have to say it was worth the money if it makes me a better welder. I have to get better at setting it correctly, but when I did it produced a really nice weld.

Jim are you using the pulse setting when welding? Is it hard to set up?

Terry

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #58  
Wow, what a welder. Effortless thus far

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #59  
Pulse and short circuit work so well I am not sure when to switch (steel)

/ Millermatic 350P (first welds) #60  
When I was using a 350p on a frequent basis with a former company, I never saw any reason to short-circuit except maybe some odd out-of-position work.