Mini Ex Mulcher

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #31  
these are the types of comments and info mulchers need to pay attention to. great info for the newcomers. always do the math to make sure your getting what you paid for.i would add, never push hy. h.p. to close to actual engine h.p., your just asking for lots of heat and a short life of the machine. for those of you running on the edge of heat limits in the summer months, may i suggest trying Shaeffer's parasynthetic hy. oil. HTC Supreme with varnishield. this product lowered my temp in the skidsteers by approx. 20 degrees.

like another member stated...CONTINUE TO POST!! i, as well as MANY others, value EXPERIENCE.

on many a forum, there are MANY different types of person. weed em out!
thanks for posting!:thumbsup:

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #32  
Just to clarify a few things:

When you do the math like this and end up with more hydraulic horsepower than the horsepower of the engine in the power pack, it means something is wrong. It can be that the specs actually said max flow 45 gpm and max pressure 5000 psi (but not one in relation with the other), or that the guy who wrote the specs screwed up good by writing 45 gpm @ 5000 psi.

:)

FD

And that where I stuffed up with the Rayco c140(didn't do the maths). On their specs it requires 220hp just to drive the cutter pump,but it's all fixed now at my expence:mad:

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #33  
Tonyoz,
i turned the pressure down the Rayco to 5200psi wat a difference no longer kills the motor when the rotor stalls out. It's a easy fix p.m. me if yours is still stalling the motor.

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #34  
Tonyoz,
i turned the pressure down the Rayco to 5200psi wat a difference no longer kills the motor when the rotor stalls out. It's a easy fix p.m. me if yours is still stalling the motor.
I turned the pressure down to 4600,realy good for the new engine the way Rayco had it set up ,NOT

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #36  
Tonyoz,

Did either of you notice any drop in performance when you turned the pressure down? I think they are set from the factory at 6000 psi but like you said they stall out when you lay into anything too hard. I was thinking the recovery may not be as quick if I turn back the pressure. Mine is a FTX140 with a BH85 head with two 63 cc drive motors, are you running rayco heads?

/ Mini Ex Mulcher #37  
I'm running a rayco head, the recovery slowed down a little but not enough to bother me beats killing the motor