mini welding table

/ mini welding table #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
I have nearly no work space, so for a small welding table, was dreaming of building a small one, with the top 20" x 20 x 5/8 plate and mount in on a spit truck rim as its base. Kinda like this photo.
1702592272099.jpeg

/ mini welding table #3  
I have nearly no work space, so for a small welding table, was dreaming of building a small one, with the top 20" x 20 x 5/8 plate and mount in on a spit truck rim as its base. Kinda like this photo. View attachment 838236
IMO, with a vise on top, it may become kinda clunky to have around. If not in a big hurry, a t-slot top setup this way might be nice To have and would make the clamping choices a little bigger.

/ mini welding table
IMO, with a vise on top, it may become kinda clunky to have around. If not in a big hurry, a t-slot top setup this way might be nice To have and would make the clamping choices a little bigger.
I was thinking that the vice should be readily removable. Photo of this T slot?

/ mini welding table #5  
I liked this concept, for a small welding table I think the ID of the rings (the brake rotors) needs to be larger and probably welded to the vertical tubes at an angle, so you can go to one side or the other for a greater total angle of adjustment. I’d probably lower the stand height off the ball as well.

/ mini welding table #6  
I was thinking that the vice should be readily removable. Photo of this T slot?
Think milling machine table……

/ mini welding table
Think milling machine table……
Those slotted tables are to hard to clean out. I was thinking of putting the vice on a 2" square tube. Vertically, not horizontal like seen in this photo and weld a hitch receiver in the table. That way weld debris would just fall out the bottom.
1702647436712.jpeg

Last edited:
   / mini welding table #9  
Another option is to drill the tabletop to match the mounting holes in the vice and weld nuts to the bottom of the tabletop. Would be okay for occasional use, but if you're constantly taking the vise on and off a faster mounting system would be nicer. The only thing about using receiver tube is that adds a lot of weight.

/ mini welding table
Another option is to drill the tabletop to match the mounting holes in the vice and weld nuts to the bottom of the tabletop. Would be okay for occasional use, but if you're constantly taking the vise on and off a faster mounting system would be nicer. The only thing about using receiver tube is that adds a lot of weight.
That was my thoughts as well. But taking 4 or three vice mounting bolts off-on would be time consuming.