Mini X drive motor oil?

/ Mini X drive motor oil? #11  
Heres a pic for ya. My track drive motors have a service interval of 500 hours according to the Kubota manual. I was advised by a Dealer Kubota mechanic to change the drive oil whenever I change the engine oil. So every 200 hours. He said they cost more than your engine, don't mess around with them. Oil change is so easy, there's no excuse.

I drained the oil at 130 hours just to see how things were going. It was black, dirty looking, but no metal. Since I drained it into clear cups, I kept the oil on a shelf to see what settled out.

487285d1478587211-mini-x-drive-motor-oil-kx41_track_drive_oil_130-hrs-jpg

Here's what it looks like settled for 2 months. The sludge at the bottom has metal sparkles that I can see if I put the oil in sunlight. I'm not waiting 130 hours next time it'll be 100 hours maybe less. I'll keep this oil to compare the sludge levels.

Attachments

• KX41_track_drive_oil_130-hrs.jpg
    KX41_track_drive_oil_130-hrs.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 415
   / Mini X drive motor oil?
Heres a pic for ya. My track drive motors have a service interval of 500 hours according to the Kubota manual. I was advised by a Dealer Kubota mechanic to change the drive oil whenever I change the engine oil. So every 200 hours. He said they cost more than your engine, don't mess around with them. Oil change is so easy, there's no excuse.

I drained the oil at 130 hours just to see how things were going. It was black, dirty looking, but no metal. Since I drained it into clear cups, I kept the oil on a shelf to see what settled out.

487285d1478587211-mini-x-drive-motor-oil-kx41_track_drive_oil_130-hrs-jpg

Here's what it looks like settled for 2 months. The sludge at the bottom has metal sparkles that I can see if I put the oil in sunlight. I'm not waiting 130 hours next time it'll be 100 hours maybe less. I'll keep this oil to compare the sludge levels.

Wow well cant hurt to do more often.and really considering the size its quite inexpensive..