Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #101  
Nope, they are just being greedy. ;)

Next move for those states will likely be to start regulating gas stations out of existence. You can buy the car across state lines, but if gas cannot be found locally...

Eventually, people will grasp the futility of trying to force conversion. Let's hope that happens before they break the system.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #102  
I also worry about Big Oil being greedy

4 oil companies had total sales of $1 trillion last year​

1677099229559.png
moneywatch
By Irina Ivanova

February 2, 2023 / 4:36 PM / MoneyWatch

'Global oil companies have rebounded since the pandemic to post their highest ever profits since people started using petroleum.

Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Exxon and Shell all reported record profits in 2022 — a year in which Russia's war on Ukraine collided with the post-pandemic economic recovery to drive oil prices to their highest levels in history.

Together, the four companies saw $1 trillion in sales last year, a sum greater than the total economic output of Colombia, South Africa or Switzerland."

Last edited:
   / Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #103  
I cannot believe people are allowing this to happen. Huge con job that is going to overload the electric grid to breaking point.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #104  
That bill will not pass (may not even make it to a vote)

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #105  

View attachment 785084 moneywatch
By Irina Ivanova

'Global oil companies have rebounded since the pandemic to post their highest ever profits since people started using petroleum.

Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Exxon and Shell all reported record profits in 2022 — a year in which Russia's war on Ukraine collided with the post-pandemic economic recovery to drive oil prices to their highest levels in history.

Together, the four companies saw $1 trillion in sales last year, a sum greater than the total economic output of Colombia, South Africa or Switzerland."

Do you understand why that was the case?

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #106  

View attachment 785084 moneywatch
By Irina Ivanova

I wonder what they made when fuel was cheap in 18-20? :unsure:

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #107  
The oil companies were profiting off of wells already drilled.

Now the wells drilled when oil is high, that is one high break even point to overcome. Oil companies are now going to be under extreme pressure to remain profitable.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #108  
It will be interesting to see how they are going to enforce that. I don’t think they can.
They can enforce what is sold in the state. They cannot stop you from going out of state to buy an ICE. Of course they can also refuse to register and plate an ICE. That will upset people moving into the state.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #109  
They can enforce what is sold in the state. They cannot stop you from going out of state to buy an ICE. Of course they can also refuse to register and plate an ICE. That will upset people moving into the state.
I think they will start not registering ICE vehicles within about 10 years of the ICE sales ban and outlaw the sale of gasoline a few years later. Diesel will be a different matter. I can imagine a commercial permit to buy on road diesel and a special ag permit to buy dyed diesel, at least for a few years.
Washington is fast moving to a one party totalitarian state in which the needs and wants of only those in the Puget Sound Basin will be considered. Eastern Washington is already treated like the proverbial red-headed-step-child.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #110  
Of course they can. It will be interesting to see if the population of your state will stand for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.